New Store Subscription Fees

gec2002
Community Member

Just got the email that come 14th February our store subscription fees are going up.

Basic $24.95  Offset by 600 Free listings

Featured $54.95 Offset by 1500 Free listings

Anchor (Make sure you are sitting down before reading) $549.95

However all tiers and stores will have slightly higher FVF fees at all levels and tiers

As per usual the devil is in the detail

The cap on Final Value Fees per item will increase from $250 to $400

Auction Insertion Fees (not within the collectibles category) will be $3 regardless of the start price for store subscribers.

They definitely don't want store holders doing auctions.

Off to do my sums and see what it all really means, there will be a sweet spot there somewhere, just need to work it out.  But overall my guess is if listing items with normal listing fee you may in some cases be slightly better off, but for media @ 5c not so much.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: New Store Subscription Fees

Thought they would add more listings and change the Subscription Fees.after giving stores double the amount of listings for so long.

I am happy as I got up to over 800 listings and was not sure which items I would not relist (out of 300).

For me as a smaller seller,The Cap won;t apply.so all is good.

So will now continue to list items, which for the last month, I have just been staring at, wondering what to do with it al!

All my items are BIN /Best Offer, I have never used Auctions in my Store, as I have found they just do not sell these days, unless you start at a ridiculously low price and then may sell much lower than what the items is worth.

Message 2 of 50
Latest reply

gec2002
Community Member

Oops my bad

"However all tiers and stores will have slightly higher FVF fees at all levels and tiers"

In fact Basic store FVf will remain the same @ 6%, 8%, and 9.5%

Featured and Anchor will increase.

Message 3 of 50
Latest reply

And unless you're in the collectables category, auctions will now cost $3 per listing.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/au/201701.shtml#2017-01-10094034

Message 4 of 50
Latest reply

I've just received the same email.

I have a basic store and the increase of listings to 600 will be gratefully accepted.

Even with the price increase of the store, I can still save about $15 per month with increased listings.

Better get cracking and increase my stock so I'm ready for the changes!!

Message 5 of 50
Latest reply

What are the current listing packages and charges for people who do not have stores? Not really sure why that information would not be included when they are asking sellers to review how they are impacted, and consider what is the best option for their business.

==========

I am one of the "bad" sellers being discouraged because I had the audacity to establish an auction business on the world's largest auction site. I was rung a few years ago by Ebay and told that if I continued to list auctions on Ebay Australia I would be "punished financially", because auctions reflected poor customer service - I guess my star ratings reflect my poor customer service by not moving above 5.0 (50%?).

They relented a little a year or so later and conceded that auctions were relevant for collectables listings, but deemed that the following categorie groups are NOT collectables:

Vintage Cameras

Vintage Clothing Shoes and Accessories.

Vintage Electronics

Vintage Stationary Engines in the Industrial section - I have not worked out how to know in advance whether a stationary engine brochure will not sell at $9.00, or whether collectors will compete and take it over $600 (such as item 371772434803).

Vintage and Antique Jewellery.

Movie memorabilia

Television Memorabilia

Music memorabilia

Vintage musical instruments

All of the Sports Memorabilia categories.

Vintage and Antique Toys and Games

And of course "Books: Antiquarian & Collectable" are deemed not to be a collectable.

==========

I have made do with the $1.50 charge for listing items deemed not to be collectable, as punishment for having the audacity to establish and run a long term auction business on the world's largest auction site - doubling that charge will make it unviable to test the unknown values and saleability of many items. I am within a couple of days of the 19th anniversary of my first sale on Ebay (it was listed on either the 2nd or 3rd January 1998). I may still be selling on Ebay after 20 years, but the quantity I sell will be much smaller, probably within 2 months of now, as I change the course of my business and dramatically reduce my online selling.

Even though Ebay has upheld their promise to "financially punish" me for using their legitimate paid services, I still have never sold on any other internet site. Being increasingly punished for being a faithful customer for almost two decades reeks of being an abusive relationship, so it is probably a good time to mostly walk away from Ebay.

However I would like to confirm what the current auction listing offers are for not running a store.

Message 6 of 50
Latest reply

gec2002
Community Member

A quick check of the numbers and as suspected there is only a limited range that you are actually better off and then only by a tiny amount.  In a best scenario case where you sell everything you list (I know unlikely, but in all other cases you will be worse off) and based on a sale price of $20.

With a basic store if you listed 200 items you are 0.13% worse off. ($339.95  cf new fees $344.95)

If you listed 600 items and sold them all, you are1.6% better off, however, if you listed 600 items you are better off to have a Featured store, but not by as much as you are now!

600 sold Basic store $1179.95 Featured $909.95  New Fees Basic store $984.95 Featured $918.95

(Assuming list 600 tier 1 items and sell all at $20.00 each)

Message 7 of 50
Latest reply

Unless I missed it, there was no details of any changes for Buy It Now listing fees for store holders.  Before I do the math, can anyone identify any changes to the BIN listing fees, in particular for the 5 cent listing fee for the media category?

Message 8 of 50
Latest reply

Try rummaging around in here -

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/content/update-store-subscription-packages

Lots of info in there - FAQ's

Message 9 of 50
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jfmgray wrote:

Unless I missed it, there was no details of any changes for Buy It Now listing fees for store holders.  Before I do the math, can anyone identify any changes to the BIN listing fees, in particular for the 5 cent listing fee for the media category?

im in the same category. For basic and featured stores the listing fee for media (after the free entitlement) is still 5c

thankfully

Message 10 of 50
Latest reply