New ebay format

Well, I must say I’m not enjoying the new format. I’ve been with eBay for well over 20 years and have seen a lot of changes, but this is the worst in my opinion. Way too clunky and I REALLY don’t like the idea that we don’t receive payment for a sold item for up to five days. I fear that sellers will end up paying more in fees, not less as ebay has stated, time will tell.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: New ebay format

Once you are on Managed Payments, you can set your frequency to daily.

My fees have remained pretty much the same (around 13%), although Ebay recently published a list of categories where the fees will be cut by about 30%, so sellers in those categories will definitely benefit.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Here is my most recent sale and the breakdown from eBay: As per eBay "We calculate your fees based on the total amount of the sale, which includes the item price, postage and handling costs, sales tax, and any other applicable fees." My item sold for $11.99 + the shipping cost of $5.00 Total Sale $16.99. The following charges applied by eBay: Final Value Fee -$2.38 International Fee -$0.20  (1.0% charged because the delivery address is in New Zealand). Per order fixed fee on final amount -$0.27. VAT -$0.28. So Total Fees: -$3.13.

$16.99 minus $3.13 = $13.86 deposited into my account. So the total fees on this sale are 18.42%.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Not affecting me, I received my MC048 on the 15th, I might get someone to print it so I can frame it, it's like someone finally quitting smoking for good after decades of trying and failing. Can't update as I can't afford (and don't want) a smartphone which is required by the big banks in order to set up an online banking account, which is in turn required in order to set up a flustercuck of a "managed" selling account on eBay. To me it just means that until a rival decides to accept PayPal and doesn't require a smartphone in order to do business on a PC.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply