New listings page format is terrible

Who's bright idea brought in the changes to the listings page.

Cumbersome, can't tab quickly through, page needs to reload to bring up pull down menus.

It slowed down the process of listing items.  Stupidity.

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: New listings page format is terrible

Useless the new format...on average it takes twice as long to list a new litem from scratch...have two accounts and one is still in the classic look so we timed it tonight....Ebay yet again breaking things that do not need changing.

Message 11 of 49
Latest reply

I must agree.  I do my best to put key words into the title, so the item specifics aren't necessary.  Selling one-off items makes this a rather laborious process.  Today they nearly drove me crazy with their persistence to enter more item specifics.  Frequently some that I've added don't register ..... I could go on and on ....... grrrrrrrrrrrrr  And please.... return to the old way of text formatting .   

Message 12 of 49
Latest reply

You only need to fill out the ones that are required to make the listing live. For most of my items it is only 3-4 at most.

Message 13 of 49
Latest reply

everyone needs to contact ebay and complain about this new format it is so slow i use to be able to post a book in 2.5minutes now its take about 7.5minutes 

Message 14 of 49
Latest reply

Which part is slowing you down. I am finding the photo section better, description has the annoying message about changing  the format but maybe it can be turned off. The item specifics I am finding slows me down but with practice plus I only need to fill 4-5 at most it should get better. 

So far the worst part for me is international postage section and blocking countries appears to be slower than the old method.

Message 15 of 49
Latest reply

I use sell similar for most of my items, and I find it slower.

Part of that is familiarity, so it will get a bit faster with time.

I don't use the photo editor, as I edit my scans prior to listing.

The photos load more quickly, but the item specifics load more slowly and take more time to change, eg. if I'm changing a year I have to click on the year, type the new year, another click to select the details I want to enter, where I just used to overtype the field.

When changing part of the item title, I can't just highlight and overtype - I have to highlight the part I want to change, delete it, then type the new wording.

Changing the listing format - eg. from BIN to auction is slower, with more clicks.

As I usually use sell similar, the limited font sizes and colours aren't so much of a problem for me, and I can always copy and paste from an existing listing if I need to, but I can understand that it could be a bigger problem for some sellers.

That's just what I've noticed so far.

And don't get me started on the new bulk editing tool that is of a similar style, I've found it quite a bit slower in a couple of areas.

Message 16 of 49
Latest reply

I have also noticed when there is an error in a listing it does not say what and wont list. I tried changing postage weight and had no luck but it was on a computer with a bad wifi signal so will try again later. 

Also as I sell spare parts and you cant add vehicle fitment when selling similar so will need to make some templates which may help.

Message 17 of 49
Latest reply

New listing format seems to cater to sellers who sell multiples of the same mass produced products. Everything I sell is unique, and it now takes almost twice as long to create each listing. Already looking for an alternative such as ebid or Ruby Lane. This is supposed to be an auction site, not a bargain store.

Message 18 of 49
Latest reply

As a long time ebay seller, would have to agree. 

Ebay has a history of what's best for ebay, not the seller.

Message 19 of 49
Latest reply

I wish they would bring back turbolister.

Message 20 of 49
Latest reply