New postage times in Australia for large letters

Letters are now being sent slower and costing more by Australia Post. Is ebay going to take the slower postage times into account and not defect sellers. Postage times for large letters may increase up to 4 days to some places (taking nearly 10 working days to get across Australia). Has anyone heard anything about this?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: New postage times in Australia for large letters

@snoozleshop wrote:

Letters are now being sent slower and costing more by Australia Post. Is ebay going to take the slower postage times into account and not defect sellers. Postage times for large letters may increase up to 4 days to some places (taking nearly 10 working days to get across Australia). Has anyone heard anything about this?

No, but this has been thrashed out on MANY threads in the past few weeks.

Given that eBay still quote 1-6 days for standard post (and count public holidays as business days) and AP moved to 2-7 a couple of years ago, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Increase your handling time.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Hello all,

I use large letters (actually padded envelopes) to post my stamp albums on CD with FREE postage world wide. This year I have extended my handling time to 5 days, send to Australian customers by registered mail lodged at PO counter, and to overseas customers by normal mail with a copy being sent by email.

Items will cntinue to be posted on the day after I get paid. Price has been increased to include these additional postage costs.

So far lots of views and one sale in 4 days, about average.

Best wishes

Robert

P S -- One of the last sales for last year was to a collector of Chinese stamps in Iceland - Strange but true.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I posted this question on ebay's Facebook page yesterday and part of the the response was "this is the first we've heard of it blah blah blah" - believe it or notSmiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Ebay dont differentiate between lertter post and parcel post when giving estimates. Reality is they dont know what you will be using anyway. So I would say not.

Bottom line is buyers would "like" tracking from start to finish in an ideal world. So Ebay are trying to give it to them, hence the new whole late shipping policy. Problem of course is that AP doesn't readily provide it without going lodged and tracked parcels. Ebay want sellers to adopt this, but they wont come out and say it as it wil cause an uproar as it is not feasible for most. Nor do they want to tell people to go queue up at post offices as that is not what AP want. So they make claims to buyers, and indirectly pressure sellers by claiming late delivery asbeing late shipment so that Ebay and AP look blameless, passing the buck onto sellers

As a sellers are under the pump to meet Ebays prefered options by default, or face the consequences. If this means sellers resort to only selling bigger ticket items that can justify expensive fully tracket parcel postage, then thats a way of increasing Ebays $ per item turnover rate.

In short they dont want letter rate delivered sales. They want fully butt covered and documented transactions

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply