New ridiculous promo by Ebay 🤣🤣 Selling Challenge: Unlock $3.30 Final Value Fees*

Here is the link to offer 

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/7850

Good luck 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

198EB848-A801-4870-B331-DD0963D5E256.jpeg

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: New ridiculous promo by Ebay 🤣🤣 Selling Challenge: Unlock $3.30 Final Value Fees*

but won't you still have to pay the listing fee?
Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

Re: New ridiculous promo by Ebay 🤣🤣 Selling Challenge: Unlock $3.30 Final Value Fees*

@twyngwyn wrote:

No, if you list it for $50 or higher, the listing automatically comes off the 10 free listings for this offer. I don't think you would get charged a listing fee at a later stage, say when the item sells, but I'll let you know if it that does happen for me. So far, so good.

Message 22 of 31
Latest reply

@sentimentalcellar wrote:

@twyngwyn wrote:

No, if you list it for $50 or higher, the listing automatically comes off the 10 free listings for this offer. I don't think you would get charged a listing fee at a later stage, say when the item sells, but I'll let you know if it that does happen for me. So far, so good.

Okay, worth experimenting with, but don't try lowering the price from $50 afterwards. I've just been charged the listing fee for doing that (which I don't mind, because I managed to get a substantial amount of fees reversed recently). Now I wonder what will happen if I accept someone offering me less than $50? Because surely you wouldn't be able to select "or best offer" when listing your item as part of this promotion, if that was the case? Will send an email to my lovely friends at eBay customer service in an attempt to find out.

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

I haven't read back through the whole thread just now but I have a feeling someone has already explained that the terms say insertion fees still apply. That means you aren't getting an extra 10 listings and they're coming off your 40 (if you still have them) or you pay insertion fees.
Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

yes, I haven't received the offer but it says 'the next 10 items you sell'
Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

I got that wrong. I must have thinking of a different promo.

This one says this:

Pay no Insertion Fees and a maximum of $3.30 in Final Value Fees when you list and sell 10 items each valued at $50 or more.
Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
I got that wrong. I must have thinking of a different promo.

This one says this:

Pay no Insertion Fees and a maximum of $3.30 in Final Value Fees when you list and sell 10 items each valued at $50 or more.

I had used all 40 of my free listings, so had none available. As soon as I accepted this offer, I got another 10 listings to use. So far I've listed 4 items at $50, and they've come off the 10, leaving me 6.

Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

I wouldn't expect to pay lower fees if you accept less than $50 for them because it says "when you list and sell 10 items each valued at $50 or more). You have to sell them for that much as well as list them for that.

If you charge separate postage you could bump the price up to $50 by adding the postage into the item price and doing free postage.
Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
I wouldn't expect to pay lower fees if you accept less than $50 for them because it says "when you list and sell 10 items each valued at $50 or more). You have to sell them for that much as well as list them for that.

If you charge separate postage you could bump the price up to $50 by adding the postage into the item price and doing free postage.

Just got off chat with eBay, you are spot on, items have to be listed and sold for a minimum of $50 for this promo. I've done the free postage thing by adding it to the item price, but will probably have to add value to these listings because I can't accept less than $50 now. Will have to chuck in some extra items, or maybe a date with myself ... no, will have to be extra items I think!

Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

very helpful all, thanks sentimental cellar.

will attempt this promo too, if I can find the items.

Have I got it right - the promo finishes for listing on 19/6 but doesn't need to actually sell by then - just the end of the GTC cycle?

Message 30 of 31
Latest reply