New tracked large letters at a reasonable price

Just got a message from ebay directing me to Australia Posts new large letters with tracking numbers. They look very affordable ( virtually the same price for 500gm. ) and could solve a lot of problems for sellers who use this postage method.

http://www.ebaystores.com.au/australiapoststore/pages/domestic-letter-with-tracking

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

lawks sake, chameleon - where've you been?    This is old news.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Since August 2018 .... zzz

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

According to AP's website the B4 envelopes are $7.20 each and have been since they upped prices at the start of the year. Which makes them only marginally cheaper than a small parcel. From $5.95 - only a 21% increase, when the rest of letter post went up 10%.

Unlike eBay to be behind the times.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

Just got a message from ebay directing me to Australia Posts new large letters with tracking numbers. They look very affordable ( virtually the same price for 500gm. ) and could solve a lot of problems for sellers who use this postage method.

http://www.ebaystores.com.au/australiapoststore/pages/domestic-letter-with-tracking

My apologies. It seems AP are selling them for a lot cheaper here. Probably whoever manages their eBay store is the one behind the times.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

It is the C4 size, not B4

Domestic letter with tracking Large (C4) prepaid envelope - 10 pack

SKU #0590327
$ 56. 50
($5.65 per envelope)

so the same price in the Aust Post Store and on their ebay store
Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

We have been using the DL size of them for quite a long time. Like the idea that they are trackable. 

Very handy to have on hand, especially for paper items like stamps or cigarette cards, that are a bit pricy. We keep a packet of 10 in the cupboard and use as needed. Haven't got the larger size at this stage might have to check them out.   

Provides that little bit of extra confidence and being able to advise the buyer that tracking is in place is good. So they can watch.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Historically, we have found that the tracking facility is more about protecting ourselves from dishonest buyers than loss of orders in the postal system, not to mention dishonest delivery persons.  When items are lost Australia Post can drill down to the staff member or contractor in the delivery chain and can see 'patterns emerge'...

For low value items under 20mm we send in DL envelopes for $2.20 and in the top left hand corner we stick a preprinted barcode sticker akin to an Australia Post tracking number.  That corner of the envelope is available for senders to print anything, like return addresses or even advertising.  It gives the receiver the impression of 'proof of delivery'.

Since we started doing this in the last 12 months, we have had not one item go astray nor a buyer open a ND case and of course, saved huge amounts in postage, which makes our items cheaper than our competitors.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

lawks sake, chameleon - where've you been?    This is old news.

This is what I thought, but then I thought that some things are worth repeating because not everyone reads the forums all the time.

I haven't had to use them yet but for scam-prone items they'd definitely be worth using as a deterrent.  The tracking on the C4 works out at an extra $1.04 compared to the non-tracked C4, assuming one buys 50 at a time.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

I us them whenever a new 'sorting centre' opens up......has saved me a whole heap of grief......funny about that
Message 10 of 19
Latest reply