No More Feedback

After many, many years of working so very hard to maintain a 100% positive rating, and in turn making eBay rich, I get a negative feedback for a $5.99 sale without any opportunity to respond to the buyer or offer a refund.  It has shaken me and for the next year I will have to look at it and contend with something not of my making and not in my control at all.

The eBay feedback system doesn't seem to work for honest, dedicated and extremely hard working sellers like me.  I've been shafted with the click of a button. It is so very disturbing and unsettling, I can't believe it has happened. It is also my understanding, when a negative feed back is received, it can affect not only ratings but how your listings may show, among other deep-seated AI which we'll never understand. This situation is causing me great pain and suffering, no end.

As I've done my best to approach the buyer and eBay about this, including a report, I've not had a single reply. This should not have happened in this way at all and there will now be no end to the pain and suffering.

So, at the very least, I'm forced to take a stand myself, as so many other sellers have had to do given eBay's poor track record in their delinquent support of sellers. From now on, I will not leave feedback. The feedback system is so bad in its current form, it does not deserve to be supported. Maybe if there are others caught like this, there should be a union of some sort, perhaps legal, to force change because it is livelihoods like mine, our peace of mind and health, that is at stake.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: No More Feedback

@domino-710 wrote:

Where is this negative of which you speak. ??

Well it was there in January of 2022!

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

Same, same

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

I wouldn't be buying from any seller who uses 'private listing' for computer equipment.

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

etb321
Community Member

Good Grief!

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I wouldn't be buying from any seller who uses 'private listing' for computer equipment.

It's commonly used by dodgy sellers on auction listings as well Dave (for the reasons most of us are aware of) - like you I avoid sellers with "private listings", and not just for computer equipment.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 25 of 25
Latest reply