No more 'free' auto relists for auctions

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/relisting-items?id=4147

I can't take credit for discovering this.  It was posted by someone else in another thread but I thought it was important enough to start a separate thread on it.

It'd pay people to read it for themselves but basically, any auto relists on auctions listed using the advanced listing tool will come off your freebie allowance or you'll be charged insertion fees.

It'd be really good if ebay would make everyone aware of major changes like this!!

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: No more 'free' auto relists for auctions

It looks like the auto relists for auctions are back to 3.

It would have been nice to get a heads up about this, but once again they move the goal posts and leave us in the dark.

I just don't understand why they make it so hard for sellers.

Message 31 of 41
Latest reply

I'm still getting 8?
Message 32 of 41
Latest reply

I notice that some of my auctions are saying That Auctions can relist but I may be charged if I have gone over my 40 free listings,,Before I noticed this I believed that the automatic listing were going to be free and didnt count towards My 40 free listings a month

Message 33 of 41
Latest reply

The key word being "may". So far, eBay hasn't changed anything and the relists are still free unless you're making tens of thousands of dollars.
Message 34 of 41
Latest reply

I'm still getting 8?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

lucky you.

now with only 3 auto relists and no other free listings,  I can only get 40 items each month on instead of the 600 I normally would be running. I have a lot of items now sitting in my unsold section that will be deleted in a day or two. So I am now listing items in etsy, gumtree and facebook marketplace. I think ebay are going to do themselves out of business if they continue in this way. They look after the buyers and the big sellers, but the little sellers get the raw deal. Its the small sellers that offer the interesting one-off items and it would be a shame to lose all those.

Message 35 of 41
Latest reply

Open a store.

Unless you consider eBay shouldn't charge anything for effectively unlimited listings.

I'm a small seller and I do alright. I don't expect charity, though.

Message 36 of 41
Latest reply

Open a store.

Unless you consider eBay shouldn't charge anything for effectively unlimited listings.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have several accounts because I sell for other people.

To open that many stores would cost nearly $3,000 per year.

That is not an option.

I don't expect charity either, just a fair deal.

I wish they would stop moving the goal posts and keeping us in the dark.

It just not good business.

Message 37 of 41
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

Open a store.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have several accounts because I sell for other people.

To open that many stores would cost nearly $3,000 per year.

That is not an option.

I don't expect charity either, just a fair deal.

I wish they would stop moving the goal posts and keeping us in the dark.

It just not good business.

Really? You were the one that spacked out big time when eBay stopped giving out $1 weekends with free listings. From memory, you were needing an ambulance and medical team on standby because of the psychological damage that was going to happen.

Who is saying to open multiple stores? Open one and take advantage of that account by being able to list more than what you currently do. Leave the other accounts with just the 40.

Message 38 of 41
Latest reply

You are unbelievable.

You have no idea about me and my life and my friends.

so why do you keep saying stuff like that.

I have already been dealing with the death of 1 of them, and you don't care so why bring that up again.

Message 39 of 41
Latest reply

Sometimes I find these boards very helpful and I thank those who help me out. However I don’t use them a lot so much as there are some negative posters who can write hurtful things. Don’t take it to heart.
Message 40 of 41
Latest reply