No sales (Australia)

Just after some feedback.  I usually make between 10 to 20 sales per day, and these sales come through consistently.  It's now the afternoon, and I haven't made any sales in around 24 hours.  I know this is a very short period of time, but it's highly unusual.  I am a Top Seller and have 99.6% feedback.  Do you think it may just be an eBay glitch? Cheers!

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: No sales (Australia)

LOL,  havent had my first bundy yet.  

Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

Cheers. 

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

I feel the same there is not even views lol

Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

@maymaylilou wrote:

I feel the same there is not even views lol

Read the replies on the question you asked.

You should lose the auctions & list as BIN... buyers generally don't want to wait for an auction to end for clothing.

This will also enable you to send offers as per your question.

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

have you looked at your pricing?

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

You're selling pre worn clothing. It's a saturated market. The items you have aren't really going to be that popular going into winter. Plus, your prices are quite high compared to other pre worn clothing sellers that sell the same brands.

PS you should have some views on some of your items. Some of the titles were a bit ambiguous, so I clicked on them. No, I'm not buying any of them.

Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

@relove_llamas wrote:

more reasonable is to believe ebay once again messed up the website as per usual and wont be honest. a lot of big words to explain greedflation but. 

For what it's worth many sellers on dot com and ca are reporting the same off the cliff drop on sales for the last several months. Guessing buyers have found their favourite websites for shopping and sticking to it.

For 15 years I could consistently do 30 to 45 sales per month. Now 15 to 20 is a blip. More likely to be 10 to 12.

-Lotz

Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

I think the economy is perhaps the biggest issue right now. As others have said above, those sellers in the discretionary categories will be suffering the most (unless they are in very unique or niche collectors markets). 

The problem on eBay is that these issues can be compounded by tech issues, and the 'lights on/out' and 'throttling' issues. There are things we as sellers can do; promotions as one example and it does appear to me at least that regularly listing new items does work to an extent. But the throttling is real; I can go a week without a sale and then get 4 or 5 in a few hours and then back to nothing. This cannot be explained by the economy, interest rates, or any other macro force, it is simply eBay turning your lights back on. More evidence of this, is that on another major platform, there does not appear to be these same 'clusters' of sales followed by complete silence. 

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

We do 10% to 20% promotions and not much of an increase in sales but now we lose 10 to 20% of each sale to Ebay. We are going to go back to no promotions as just can not afford to pay for promotions.

Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

It is a gamble a bit. I don't use 'promoted listings', I simply do discount coupon codes and sales across listings of say 10-15%. It does increase sales a little. It was better a couple of months ago before the economy tightened even further due to the interest rates and mortgage stress. 

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply