No sales from NZ anymore ??

I used to get regular orders from NZ, 2-3 items per week . All my listings have a flat postage rate to NZ but without knowingly changing anything the orders have completely ceased. Can anyone shed any light on this ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I had one to NZ last week but generally speaking 99% of my OS orders ceased at the start of May and have not recovered.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

There was a NZ ebay site that closed down some years ago. Trade-me was too strong.

Perhaps some of the links New Zealanders have been using to get onto eBay Aust have recently disappeared or not serviced any longer. They may even be sending them to TM.

image host
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

didnt china buy new zealand so they could use it as base for selling on ebay?

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

@starwood2111 wrote:

I used to get regular orders from NZ, 2-3 items per week . All my listings have a flat postage rate to NZ but without knowingly changing anything the orders have completely ceased. Can anyone shed any light on this ?

Thanks

I hadnt noticed it until I read your post, but yes you are right. Sales to NZ have stopped. Around 20% of my sales usually go to OS clients although they are closer to 30% at the moment with weak trading in OZ. I am still getting very regular OS sales, but as you say, nothing to NZ lately, although I did get a question from there last week.

The Netherlands are still going strong though as usual. Whats with Australian ebay and the Netherlands ??? I suspect ebay has us partnered with them some how.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I can never truly understand the reasons for the way orders often come in heavy clusters for certain items and from certain areas and then dissapear for long periods.... I guess its something deep down in the inner ebay workings...

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Same here, Typhoon.  Once Australia Post raised their prices again, my sales outside of Australia has significantly dropped.  I used to sell heaps of Holden, Chrysler and Ford stuff to NZ buyers and then it all just stopped.

It now costs the same in shipping as the item price for some countries, and this must be a psychological put off for buyers.  Sales to the UK have gone completely dead.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Just had a massive packing day today ( didnt do it yesterday so had weekend sales ) and not one single international parcel. Lately 30% have been going OS. Not really complaining as my local sales have been great, but there are certianly some funny things going on at ebay at the moment.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

maybe its a case of postal firms killing the goose that laid the golden egg, with online sales skyrocketing in the last few years suddenly they are getting greedy and upping the costs to deliver only to find people are saying 'whoo, thats too much when i add the postage i wont buy it'

now people are buying more and more local and not overseas.

i know i dont buy as much outside australia to what i once did as not the item price but the delivery prices have crept higher and higher.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I've noticed that since the recent price rise, EBay puts an extra $5 on overseas postage above AP rates. Maybe that was enough to put buyers off
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply