No wonder some Buyers get cranked off

I'm a hobby Seller on eBay and am used to the often ludicrous, unrealistic and outlandish demands of some Buyers but, now I reckon I've struck the most unreasonable, arrogant and selfish Seller out which makews some of the most impossible Buyers seem like angelic cherubs.

Bought an item on Monday last week, 12 noonish, and while I was transferring some money onto my debit card to finalise the payment received a message from the Seller, exact and full quote "When will you be paying?" (auction had only been over for 4 minutes).  Finalised the payment and replied that payment had been made and to please make sure they uploaded tracking info when sent (10 minutes since auction end).  Some hours later received a response from Seller that they's post the following day.

Come Thursday 2 p.m. my time (Perth) sent a message to Seller (5 p.m. their time, Sydney) to ask if they'd had an opportunity to post and to please provide tracking number if so (Sellers handling time noted as 2 days plus their statement that they'd be posting Tuesday had me thinking to ask wasn't unreasonable).  Woke on Friday morning to message that they'd post that day and provide tracking details.

Messaged Seller last night (Saturday) to ask if they'd had an opportunity to post as yet and woke to a reply (rant) demanding to know "....how do you expect me to get to the post office if i have to stay home answering your messages all day....etc, etc.".  

What a loon!  With morons like this selling here it's no wonder some Buyers get cranked off and make life so damn difficult for the responsible Sellers.

Rant over.  Thank you for listening, you're all cheaper than a Therapist.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Yes, I often wonder when I get a lovely message from a grateful buyer just what some sellers are like.  You can tell by their message - all you've offered is personal, friendly customer service (standard everyday practice in my book) but they are obviously not accustomed to receiving it from all sellers.  While it's a feel good moment, it also makes me feel a bit sad - the unscrupulous sellers are doing so much damage Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I had a message from a buyer one time thanking me profusely because their item arrived intact and praised my packaging. A few messages went back and forth and it turns out that she's bought similar items from others that have arrived smashed. I don't know what part sellers don't get, why stick breakables straight into a satchel with nothing around it? Seriously? Yes, I've had it happened to me and I just roll my eyes and then contact the seller and request a refund. Thankfully I've never had to open a request.

One time it was from a first time seller so I gave him some tips for packaging his items so they'd arrive intact. He thanked me profusely and on checking his later feedback, buyers were complimenting him on his packaging so he took my advice on board.

Another time a buyer contacted me before she paid asking for me to add an amount to the postage cost so I bould buy extra packaging so it would be packed extra well. She was sick of buying items that arrived broken. I told her that no extra cost would be added and that I already over package everything so there was no need to worry. Just to play it safe, I packaged it into a box, then packed it into a second box. I knew one box was enough but I thought if for some reason it did arrive broken I'd never hear the end of it. The message of thanks I got from her was like no other I've got before. I could hear her crying from happiness.

It did make me wonder the quality of some sellers and it's no wonder buyers get suspicious when they want to buy something. Some buyers are difficult, but sometimes you can understand why!

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

it is incredibly sad that other sellers don't see these aspects of selling as being important - packaging, general customer service, friendliness. 

i too have had the same thing - buyers messaging me after they've received items being extremely grateful that the item has arrived intact and is packaged will. 

seems like common sense to me - if you don't do these things, it's only going to come back to bite one person - you, the seller :] 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

One i still remember ,when I was buying a lot of plants, was a bromeliad seller who I had the temerity to politely ask for combined postage if I bought 5  (which I was sort of thinking the seller might like to do since they were, umm, selling) Bromeliads dont usually weigh 3 kgs (not the ones I buy) so I was guessing a couple would fit in a box.

The rant I recieved  about Ebay "going mad" & that I was being blocked "because I dont sit here waiting to get abused by troublesome buyers waiting to get their nose out of joint and leaving a negative", went on & on & on.... I noted later on her feedback she gleefully claimed blocking people who were less than 100 happy with her service. I went on to spend $100 with bromeliads with someone else who was very pleasant. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply