Unfair feedback due to Aust Post slow delivery

I received my first negative recently which dropped my feedback score from 100% to 97.5%, which looks really bad. Not sure why it dropped so much even though I have over 100 feedback total.

Also felt it was unfair feedback as I posted the next day after payment. Aust Post took a long time to deliver and eBay probably gave an unrealistic delivery estimate, so buyer was annoyed.

Anything I can do about this? As a casual seller, this really puts me off using eBay entirely and has left a really sour taste in my mouth.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Not much you can do, we all experience the same.

For future, many sellers extend the handling time in their listings to 4-5 days that will also extend the estimated delivery times.

Reports have been it works without losing sales.

image host
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

As Kopenhagen says, extend your handling time out to at least 5 days, or more.

All the buyer cares about is the end date - they don't know what you will have your handling set at.

I have mine at 5 days and if you look at my feedback, I get quite a few positive comments about timely postage.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Was the item posted with tracking?

What is you terms for postage time and was it within that?

If yes and tracking can be seen on the AP site then call ebay and the feedback will be removed as they can see when it was posted after payment was received.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

I see your buyer is new to ebay, perhaps you could apologise for the delay, then kindly explain to them that the postage speed refers to how fast the seller posts the item, not how quickly AP can deliver it. They might be understanding and amend the feedback, they might not. Worth a shot.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

@sabresage wrote:

I received my first negative recently which dropped my feedback score from 100% to 97.5%, which looks really bad. Not sure why it dropped so much even though I have over 100 feedback total.

The percentage is worked out only from feedback received in the last 12 months (from buying and selling), rather than all time - according to eBay, you've received a total of 40 FB in the last 12 months, 39 positive and 1 negative, 39/40 = 97.5%

That also means the neg (if not removed or revised), will not be included in the percentage calculation after 12 months. 

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

@sabresage wrote:

here's why your feedback dropped to 97.5% (hover over the "How is Feedback percentage calculated?" link to see the calculation)

feedback calc.JPG

Feedback percentage is calculated on a rolling 12 month feedback figure.  This means that it will take 12 months for this neg to stop impacting on your feedback percentage.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Merry Christmas  Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

You can reply to the neg by stating "posted within 24hrs of payment tracking no xxxxxxx" this will show other potential buy Rs that you post quickly. (Did you lodge at the PO, or drop it in a street box, street boxes can take longer to d liver I have noticed)

Also so if you email th buyer as suggested, also advise that due to the Xmas period Aust Post deliveries can take longer which is out of your control

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

I contacted the buyer but they simply said "I understand but it took a long time to arrive", so they aren't going to remove it.

Contacted eBay support but as I figured they won't remove it either.

I posted it in the red postal box with stamps, so have no tracking unfortunately.

I am seriously considering deleting my eBay account, which is a complete over-reation but this has disappointed me so much. It is such a small thing, and quite inconsequential really, but getting punished when you've done nothing wrong and tried to do everything right is a real slap in the face.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Over the top reaction to one neg.  IMO

Any buyers can see your answer and it's perfectly reasonable.

It won't stop anyone from buying from you.

You just feel like your good name has been tarnished.  It happens.

You need to get over it now

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply