Unfair feedback due to Aust Post slow delivery

I received my first negative recently which dropped my feedback score from 100% to 97.5%, which looks really bad. Not sure why it dropped so much even though I have over 100 feedback total.

Also felt it was unfair feedback as I posted the next day after payment. Aust Post took a long time to deliver and eBay probably gave an unrealistic delivery estimate, so buyer was annoyed.

Anything I can do about this? As a casual seller, this really puts me off using eBay entirely and has left a really sour taste in my mouth.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Unfair feedback due to Aust Post slow delivery

Yes, it's happened to most of us. We survived.
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Just block the user in question, and move on. Nothing you can do in the face of an reasonable buyer...

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

@sabresage wrote:

I am seriously considering deleting my eBay account, which is a complete over-reation but this has disappointed me so much. It is such a small thing, and quite inconsequential really, but getting punished when you've done nothing wrong and tried to do everything right is a real slap in the face.

The feedback is on your account and currently affecting your percentage, but it wasn't written about you, it was written about Australia Post, and also eBay (the buyer refers to eBay's advertising of 'Fast n Free').

It'd be a bit like someone going to a fancy restaurant, and then hopping onto Yelp and writing a bad review of the company that printed the menus. Yeah, the restaurant might get a ding to their stars, but the review itself is 90% a reflection on the buyer, and 10% a reflection on the printer (or in this case, 90% reflection on buyer, 10% reflection on eBay / Aus Post).

The only thing that genuinely reflects on you, is how you handle the situation, and so far, so good. ๐Ÿ˜‰ By all means, take a break, and / or wallow for a bit (I know I did after I got my first bad FB), but don't let something that is ultimately transient and insignifcant affect you permanently. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Dont chuck the Teddy bear out the car window. I bet ever seller has  a FUBAR like this.  You're lucky he  didnt spot you didnt use tracking and put a claim in. Learn from your mistake and move on.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

you may say over the top, what if the poor seller gets another unfair feedback. if they are an honest seller, and get bad feedback for no reason, it makes them look like a bad seller, when they are not. if the feedback system is to work ,it must be correct. 1 negative you can live with, but i will tell you now i have recieved negative feedback where the buyer has not even said what i did wrong, and when i have asked for a revision, i have had no reply. to be honest feedback is not even an issue anymore, if you have a store the most important thing is keeping ebay happy. and the only way to do that is to refund all buyers who want a refund, and always get the situation solved, before ebay get involved

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply