Non paying bidder. EBAY PLEASE INCLUDE a "Non-payment Count" on buyers profile

Recently I had a buyer who didn't pay. Sent reminder invoice and a courtesy reminder. I raised a non-payment case after seven days Buyer did not respond in any fashion. Case closed as per procedure. She also failed to pay at least one another seller in the same month (that buyer left feedback, EXACTLY the same behaviour). She has completed purchases with other buyers since these failures- so hasn't died or anything. I have blocked her from bidding.

My issue is regarding the inability of sellers to leave negative feedback on these types of "buyers".  This buyer's id membership is from 27th June 2014 and she buys several items a week from a wide range of categories and suppliers. So I suspect she may well be a seasoned member who has changed id's (red flagged??). There is no way to prevent these buyers from recreating themselves and continuing to behave illegally when it suits. There is no way to warn off other sellers.

There should be a non payment "count"  flag visible on the user's page next to their feeback rating. AND it should show on EVERY bid they make, so that sellers can choose to reject their bid/block them. Whilst this wouldn't stop them creating a new id, it would inconvenience them greatly, and they would be more likely to only buy items they knew they wouldn't change their minds on!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Agree tally should be shown for non-payment strikes.

Also think buyer blocks should be automatically set at their maximum for new accounts to protect newbie sellers that may be highly vulnerable to non paying pests whilst they learn the ropes. 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

If that's her second unpaid, she now won't be able to buy from sellers who have buyer requirement blocks in place. Have you got blocks in place? Not just blocking her ID, but blocking buyers who have 2 or strikes against their name.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

I have had the same in the last week.

Lady put a bid on a DVD, never heard from again.

The worst thing is she bid over the top of someone else 4 days before the auction end.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

As much as I agree ebay will never do it, they protect the "buyers"
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

We had one last night...

Bid on two separate items.

Immediately after the bidding finished (she was the only bidder) she sends us a message from both items saying "unfortunately I no longer wish to buy this item". Nothing more. Just that.

Welll... unfortunately we will have to raise an unpaid item dispute in 4-days time on both these. Then if they remain unpaid she will cop 2x strikes from us and since we have our blocks in place she will no longer be able to buy fro us.

If she would have communicated with us before the auction ended we would have cancelled her bids.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@goaussies1 wrote:

Recently I had a buyer who didn't pay. Sent reminder invoice and a courtesy reminder. I raised a non-payment case after seven days Buyer did not respond in any fashion. Case closed as per procedure. She also failed to pay at least one another seller in the same month (that buyer left feedback, EXACTLY the same behaviour). She has completed purchases with other buyers since these failures- so hasn't died or anything. I have blocked her from bidding.

My issue is regarding the inability of sellers to leave negative feedback on these types of "buyers".  This buyer's id membership is from 27th June 2014 and she buys several items a week from a wide range of categories and suppliers. So I suspect she may well be a seasoned member who has changed id's (red flagged??). There is no way to prevent these buyers from recreating themselves and continuing to behave illegally when it suits. There is no way to warn off other sellers.

There should be a non payment "count"  flag visible on the user's page next to their feeback rating. AND it should show on EVERY bid they make, so that sellers can choose to reject their bid/block them. Whilst this wouldn't stop them creating a new id, it would inconvenience them greatly, and they would be more likely to only buy items they knew they wouldn't change their minds on!

totally agree..yep,a little red flag..come on greedbay,bring it in..

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I don't believe sellers should be able to give feedback as that went horribly wrong years ago, which is why it was stopped.

But for sure, people who have unpaid strikes in their record should have a little red counter after their positive counter. No need for sellers to have to do anything, ebay could have it as  an auto feature whenever someone is issued with a strike.

So even after their exclusion period expires, that strike would remain as a record for evermore, with people able to click into it to see when they got it and for what price the item 'sold' for.

But ebay will never do it as they don't want to embarrass or turn off buyers.

I suppose people could open another account but I don't know that it is that easy, it can be a bit of a hassle as don't you have to have different paypal accounts and emails etc? so there is a bit of effort to set it up I suppose.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Agree 100 %

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Agree tally should be shown for non-payment strikes.

Also think buyer blocks should be automatically set at their maximum for new accounts to protect newbie sellers that may be highly vulnerable to non paying pests whilst they learn the ropes. 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I had a buyer who bought 38 items on one go from me and still has not paid.  I have raised a non Payment against her but why does

Ebay not let us be able to leave a strike against her re feedback

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply