Non paying bidder. EBAY PLEASE INCLUDE a "Non-payment Count" on buyers profile

Recently I had a buyer who didn't pay. Sent reminder invoice and a courtesy reminder. I raised a non-payment case after seven days Buyer did not respond in any fashion. Case closed as per procedure. She also failed to pay at least one another seller in the same month (that buyer left feedback, EXACTLY the same behaviour). She has completed purchases with other buyers since these failures- so hasn't died or anything. I have blocked her from bidding.

My issue is regarding the inability of sellers to leave negative feedback on these types of "buyers".  This buyer's id membership is from 27th June 2014 and she buys several items a week from a wide range of categories and suppliers. So I suspect she may well be a seasoned member who has changed id's (red flagged??). There is no way to prevent these buyers from recreating themselves and continuing to behave illegally when it suits. There is no way to warn off other sellers.

There should be a non payment "count"  flag visible on the user's page next to their feeback rating. AND it should show on EVERY bid they make, so that sellers can choose to reject their bid/block them. Whilst this wouldn't stop them creating a new id, it would inconvenience them greatly, and they would be more likely to only buy items they knew they wouldn't change their minds on!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Non paying bidder. EBAY PLEASE INCLUDE a "Non-payment Count" on buyers profile

ebay found that sellers leaving negative feedback for buyers achieves verry little and actually has an adverse effect on overall trust and confidence.

Shonky sellers no doubt buggered it for everyone.

Theres an argument that its best if the strike system is kept impartial, or independant is perhaps a better term.

I think it needs a seperate authority as its been shown it gets exploited and corrupted when personal interests are allowed to influence the process.

In saying that i'd certainly welcome a system that is percieved as having some teeth and that does actually penaltise NPB's and similar time wasters.

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply