Non paying bidders!!

I know this is a post that has been done before,but what can we,as a large community,do to make Ebay penalise non paying bidders?.This is becoming a big problem,as the non payers know that nothing will happen to them.You can't even leave negative feedback,not that this would do any good,as they will leave you negative feedback as a payback.Ebay goes on about looking after its members,well i think Ebay should put a plan in place to stamp out non payers.If they don't,what can we do to change their minds?.

Message 1 of 64
Latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: Non paying bidders!!

Perhaps the NPB could be fined a fee to cover the cost of relisting that item.

Great idea, but if they won't pay for the item they purchased, how do you expect to extract a fine from them?

Cheers,

Penny
Message 31 of 64
Latest reply

It seems that the majority of the Ebay community agree that something needs to be done about non payers,Well what can we do? and how do we go about it.There must be some way of getting the hierachy to act on their members concerns.

Message 32 of 64
Latest reply

It is so sweet that you think they care about our concerns, LOL.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 33 of 64
Latest reply

I utilise the limited tools eBay provide. And/or try to sell elsewhere.

Message 34 of 64
Latest reply

It seems that the majority of the Ebay community agree that something needs to be done about non payers

Majority? it is estimated that only about 5% of members even know the boards exist and many of those only lurk, never post. Not all posters think anything more needs to done about non payers so rather than a majority I think you are talking about a very small minority of ebay members.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 35 of 64
Latest reply

Talk to any Ebay seller and ask them if they don't mind that they don't get paid for the item they are selling,don't mind that the so-called buyer has wasted their time and effort in listing their item and also don't mind having to go through all the hassle of opening an unpaid item case and then waiting for it to close and i bet every single one would not be happy.I suspect you have not had to deal with these pests or you are a very forgiving person.Most people i know who sell on Ebay,would like something put in place to help stop it.I agree that there may be a small percentage that use any forum,but you yourself,take the time and physically ask other users if non payers should be stopped-penalised and i guarantee the majority would say yes.

Message 36 of 64
Latest reply

@collector_and_buyer wrote:

Talk to any Ebay seller and ask them if they don't mind that they don't get paid for the item they are selling,don't mind that the so-called buyer has wasted their time and effort in listing their item and also don't mind having to go through all the hassle of opening an unpaid item case and then waiting for it to close and i bet every single one would not be happy.I suspect you have not had to deal with these pests or you are a very forgiving person.Most people i know who sell on Ebay,would like something put in place to help stop it.I agree that there may be a small percentage that use any forum,but you yourself,take the time and physically ask other users if non payers should be stopped-penalised and i guarantee the majority would say yes.

Talk to me. I just go through the processes. Better than getting paid then shoplifted MGBd.

Message 37 of 64
Latest reply

I have been looking over the reply's to my question and i think your answer is totally wrong.If they don't pay by the end of the time that you have specified,why would they pay immediately after they have won the auction.My question was ,what can we do about non paying Ebayer's?.Your answer does nothing to address this problem.Do you really believe that if i make immediate payment required,it is going to make a non payer think,ah yes i must pay immediately,because it says so and pay.Come on wake up.

Message 38 of 64
Latest reply

@collector_and_buyer wrote:

I have been looking over the reply's to my question and i think your answer is totally wrong.If they don't pay by the end of the time that you have specified,why would they pay immediately after they have won the auction.My question was ,what can we do about non paying Ebayer's?.Your answer does nothing to address this problem.Do you really believe that if i make immediate payment required,it is going to make a non payer think,ah yes i must pay immediately,because it says so and pay.Come on wake up.

Simple fact is that if they don't pay immediately then the item isn't sold to them and remains unsold in your list.................

BTW, auctions cannot be specified as "pay immediately" only BINs................ 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 39 of 64
Latest reply

Sheesh!!

If you make your listings immediate payment - then they can't have it

unless they pay for it.

They don't muck you around.    They want it?    They have to pay for it.

They don't pay, they don't get it.     It stays in your listings available to

someone who will pay for it

No more non - paying bidders.    All your customers are paying customers

I don't know how to explain it any better - maybe someone else can

edit:  must learn to type (or think) faster

Padi's right though - won't work with auctions, only BIN

Message 40 of 64
Latest reply