Not allowed to leave HONEST feedback for buyers who default - WHY??

I've had more than 2,550 sales and lately I've had a spate of buyers who make no contact after the sale - no payment.

I receive a FVF fee refund but this is not enough - I want justice!!

I see these buyers going on with their 100% rating and their behaviour should at least be visible to sellers.

Why keep them at 100% poistive when they have defaulted????????????

It's just NOT FAIR!!!!

Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

I hope you realise that by leaving positive with negative comment is not only a breach of Ebay policy but also adds to the buyers feedback score.

If the buyers that you've left those comments for report you,you'll receive policy violations-too many of those & you'll be either restricted in your listings,suspended from listing or deregistered.

Do you have buyer blocks in place to stop those with 1 or more non payer strikes from bidding on your items?

If you don't,you really should do that now-thats how you stop the tyre kickers,by doing the RIGHT thing.

Message 2 of 66
Latest reply

John, if i wanted a pair of gloves in each size do you have one in each size?

Message 3 of 66
Latest reply

I think a part of the problem is that sellers don't know that by leaving a feedback for a buyer after opening an item not paid for dispute, the positive feedback overrides any strikes that should have been given to the buyer....which means buyer gets yet another "positive" feedback added and keeps bidding without paying for it as no strike is given.

So, please for the sake of all other sellers DO NOT give non-paying bidders/buyers any feedback. Open a dispute, get your FVF back, this means that other sellers with their byer's blocks in place will at least be protected and if the buyer gets 3 strikes their account gets blocked.

Message 4 of 66
Latest reply

Am I missing something here??

YES - I only ever list items that I can be 100% sure of supplying and I've NEVER defaulted on supply. But what's that got to do with my complaint - that the seller cannot leave anything but POSITIVE feeback - there's no alternative which means all eBayers who' buy only' will always have a 100% rating which makes the whole feedback system pointless and one-sided and does nothing to inform sellers of a buyer's credibility.

Anyway - thanks for listening! J

Message 5 of 66
Latest reply

Ebay took away the seller's ability to leave negative feedback ages ago, supposedly to stop retaliatory negatives.

Nothing you can do about it, just make sure you go through with the  UPI process so they get the strikes they deserve - this will stop them from doing it to other sellers who have their blocks in place.

There seems to have been a big increase in non- payers just recently, too 😞

Message 6 of 66
Latest reply

. . . . that the seller cannot leave anything but POSITIVE feeback - there's no alternative which means all eBayers who' buy only' will always have a 100% rating which makes the whole feedback system pointless and one-sided and does nothing to inform sellers of a buyer's credibility.

I consider feedback count and comments for eBay 'buyers only' useless when conducting my selling activites.  Even though I do not sell much I don't have the time to be checking buyer's feedback.  I also don't want to pre-judge my buyers and start the whole transaction process off on the wrong foot because of something/feedback that had nothing to do with me.

So long as they pay within acceptable timeframe I am happy.  If they don't pay, I don't add to their collection of green dots and I do the UPI thing to help protect ALL sellers from them.

Message 8 of 66
Latest reply

I consider feedback count and comments for eBay 'buyers only' useless when conducting my selling activites.  Even though I do not sell much I don't have the time to be checking buyer's feedback.  I also don't want to pre-judge my buyers and start the whole transaction process off on the wrong foot because of something/feedback that had nothing to do with me.

So long as they pay within acceptable timeframe I am happy.  If they don't pay, I don't add to their collection of green dots and I do the UPI thing to help protect ALL sellers from them.

Agreed.

Message 9 of 66
Latest reply

I think a part of the problem is that sellers don't know that by leaving a feedback for a buyer after opening an item not paid for dispute, the positive feedback overrides any strikes that should have been given to the buyer....which means buyer gets yet another "positive" feedback added and keeps bidding without paying for it as no strike is given.

So, please for the sake of all other sellers DO NOT give non-paying bidders/buyers any feedback. Open a dispute, get your FVF back, this means that other sellers with their byer's blocks in place will at least be protected and if the buyer gets 3 strikes their account gets blocked.

I am sorry, but this is simply not true. Leaving any sort of  feedback - positive or false positive for a buyer DOES NOT negate a strike. I have confirmed this with ebay representatives on three separate occassions and all written policies on site map also confirrm this.

The two systems are not connected AND there are no ebay policies or practices in place regarding this action.

The linking of buyer feedback to strikes is a discussion board furphy.

I can only thank the sellers who have left feedback for non payers - it has frequently alerted me to the fact that I need to watch them more carefully and follow up quickly re payment rather than drag my feet.

AND my goodness there are 100's of sellers who have added to their BBL very quickly due to reports of particular non payers on this board that have only been picked up DUE to such sellers.

Message 10 of 66
Latest reply