POSTAGE TIMES FOR ITEMS SENT AS LETTERS VIA AUST. POST

🤔Well, it seems that Aust. Post is now intending to only deliver 'letter' items 3 times a week. 

Of course, many items are sent as 'letters .. seeds, postcards, stamps, fabric squares, seed envelopes, zip-lock bags, etc & also CD single & double sized boxes meeting AP specs. are also sent as 'letters' if the contents fit the box & weight allowances.

Most Sellers would have noticed for some time that 'Sorting' letters has been occurring only 3 times a week for a while .. and I confirmed this with my local PO, when I noticed in tracking ages ago, 'letters' weren't moving 'as usual'. 

Apart from continuing higher prices & less service from AP, I'm trying to get answers to this:

💥IS eBay going to adjust their 'Expected Delivery Dates' to match this NEW delay in delivery dates ready to hit Sellers?

💥Are Sellers going to get 'defects' for these delays out of our control?

💥Are Sellers expected to just increase OUR 'Handling Time' for items listed for postage as a 'Letter' or 'Letter with Tracking' when the delivery/transit times are AP's?

If any Sellers or Buyers has answers, please reply.  😁

So far, I haven't been given an answer by EB. 😖

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Just raise your handling time by 1 day,  simple solution.

As for your comment that Australia Post have only being sorting 3 days a week,  I can assure you that is rubbish.

And yes sellers should get defects if they don't modify their practices to suit prevailing conditions.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Really, how hard is it to adjust your handling time 1-2 days.  You dont get defects for slow postage arrival, only slow sending times.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

I don't know where you are, but I can assure you that my rural NSW location still has mail delivery 5 days a week. I know, because I got a bill in the mail box every day this week. Plus, even if I'm not getting mail, I hear the postie if I'm not at work. 

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

@daydreams_12 wrote:

Really, how hard is it to adjust your handling time 1-2 days.  You dont get defects for slow postage arrival, only slow sending times.

Ah, but you get a grey or a red dot from impatient buyers who blame the seller for mail deliveries, even when posted within their time-frame.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Do you have a factual  link to where it says sorting only happens 3 times a week?

(not what you say someone at your PO said)

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

If the item has tracking, it does not matter if the item arrives late or not at all.

Provided you have shipped in your stated handling time and  1 valid tracking event  (lodgement) exists.

If you use untracked letters,  then you can never dispute a buyers claim that item arrived late.

EDIT.    Nearly forgot the emoji, so just for the hell of it😋

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

If the item has tracking, it does not matter if the item arrives late or not at all.

Provided you have shipped in your stated handling time and  1 valid tracking event  (lodgement) exists.

If you use untracked letters,  then you can never dispute a buyers claim that item arrived late.

EDIT.    Nearly forgot the emoji, so just for the hell of it😋

You needed a bigger emoji.

sons_n_daughters_1-1702095891230.gif

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Yeah.  was in a rush to beat the edit timeout.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

* My handling time for postage is ample - 5 days in most cases for seeds or items. Other listings have longer for seedlings/plants. I usually get orders posted within 2 days.

* I'm sick of being hassled for late delivery when it's AP's fault &/or getting that reflected in the 'scores' left.

* AP themselves told me letters are sorted every 3 days & also get redirected multiple times if backlogging is noticed in major sorting centres along the way.

* NOT all areas get deliveries every day - our rural area has 3. AP is progressively introducing that everywhere, according to their own news releases.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply