POTENTIAL SCAM EMAIL ?

I received to my registered EMAIL address what I thought was a PROMOTIONAL OFFER from Ebay. I don't get them very often so was excited. They were offering we've got your back. More on your next 5 sales. pay no more than $1 in FVF on the next 5 items you list & sell.

However. whenever I clicked on the TAKE UP OFFER button (I know I know...ever click on a link, but it looked so real LOL) I got the sorry, invitation only response page.  I then just did Live Chat with Ebay, as I thought, why send an offer to tease me if I don't qualify !! He got me to check my actual Ebay messages, no email there. Asked what email address the offer came from, which was ebay@reply2.ebay.com.au and he said to forward to their spoof email address as it was a scam.....oh well, I nearly got a deal ๐Ÿ˜ž  

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: POTENTIAL SCAM EMAIL ?

I have just received an apology from eBay and a new working link of the selling promo 

please try this one 

https://www.rsvp.ebay.com.au/rsvp/signup/1003043/O2uP8oEkNiY

good luck ๐Ÿ€

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

If eBay has confirmed it was a scam (I was pretty sure that email address was fake too, but got told off for saying as much on another thread)

Then since you have clicked on the scam link, please run a virus scan etc etc 

If I were you, I would also seriously consider changing my passwords 

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

That email address is a legitimate eBay one.

The key is the bit after the @, which includes the domain. In this case ebay.com.au.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

wonder then why Ebay themselves would say it wasn't their email? surley not just to deny me the FVF offer LOL?

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I do not know, but there is a post about that same address from someone on the Whirlpool forum from back in 2018 and eBay aslo told them is was not for real 

*shrug* 

Maybe it depends who you talk to and what script they have?

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

CS wouldn't have a clue as we all know.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

I received a similar email and similar decline when I clicked to take up the offer. The email was definitely legitimate as all my personal details were listed and were correct, so obviously the ebay system is messed up, and thier CS is equally messed up as always

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Got the same one today {both ids} one says expired {within 6 hours} the other invitation only , 6 hours is pretty quick to expire , invitation only , well they sent the invite

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Yep, i got same offer on my email and on my ebay messaging box yesterday morning around 10 and expired or ebay canceled the invitation in same day ...ebay messed up again ๐Ÿคฆ

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I received the same email. Clicking accept says invitation only.spent 45 on eBay chat. They are trying to resolve the issue and said will resend the email.

the email was in My Messages on eBay account so was legit

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply