Pathetic customer service for long-standing sellers

seadweller007
Community Member

with holding funds after an item has been sold until it's delivered on the other side of the world is no way to treat a seller with a perfect 14 year record. Please pay me my funds. I have never had an item go missing. I have paid for express post with full tracking.

Start treating your sellers with some respect. No wonder sellers are leaving ebay in droves.

I have followed the complaints process and the lack of support is pathetic.

Fix it.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Pathetic customer service for long-standing sellers

Agreed

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Sellers who have been members for over 14 years with perfect records sell and run???
Really?
Give me a break.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

See ya. I realise now you were after validation rather than facts.

Unfortunately members here can only provide facts.

I will check on  your ID over the next few months: what's the bet you will still be here?

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Have a look at Facebook etc people.  I have seen hundreds of of sellers who were very busy on eBay years ago with zero stuff for sale for a long time now. They are now selling on other sites.  Why do you continue to stand up for a company that is ripping you off?
All Iโ€™m asking is that sellers be treated fairly. No surprise that the posts here in the sellers forum far outnumber the buyers forum. 
eBay have a great format but holding funds that donโ€™t belong to them is not fair treatment of members with great records.

is that too much to ask?

btw Newsflash, I am important and so are you. Stand up for yourself.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

I still want to see your evidence of sellers leaving in droves. I'm always happy to be educated. I am not sticking up for ebay and I'm not being ripped off by them. I make a minimum 1000% profit on my items, so even when ebay takes their cut, I'm still making an insane profit. 

I tried selling my stuff on Facebook. I sold one thing in 6 months. Ebay, I can sell between 5 and 50 things each week. Some things do sell well on Facebook, my items don't. I still have stuff listed on Facebook, and even boosting them each week, they barely get any views.

Yes, we are all important to someone, just not ebay. They don't give a toss about us little people. They care about the Chinese sellers and the big money earners. That's why I make ebay work for me. Not the other way around.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

@seadweller007 wrote:

Sellers who have been members for over 14 years with perfect records sell and run???
Really?
Give me a break.

Hi  SD,  do a little research,  accounts lay dormant, are then hi-jacked by fly by night sellers, so now accounts that lay inactive are treated as new if they re-commence selling.    Simply extra security measures to keep up with the times.

As for  M-M     I am sure he will not be impressed when he finds out that additional security measures have now been implemented, additional holds on funds now apply to untracked items.

By the way, the same rules apply to all members, no exemptions

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

Yes I believe there will be a lot of people leaving eBay marketplace if they don't feel like they are getting a fair deal and if sellers are not given as much as a fair deal as the Buyers. There are buyers who manipulate eBay and lie. I have had a few bad experiences too unfortunately. Dater upgrading buyer to FedEx they still got refunded when tracking shows clearly that item is in their country's customs. Why they refunded the buyer no one knows. Very unfair. They won't reopen the case after wrongly closing it. Because it's their policy it seems. 

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

I nearly spat the dummy years ago, after losing a significant shipment to an international scammer.

Instead I decided to stay and make ebay work for me, so as to recover my loss.

Have since recovered that loss  100s of times over, so glad I stayed and learnt how to use ebay to my advantage.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply