PayID & Osko Payments

Okay so this payment technology has been around since 2018. 

Safe, fast, reliable, free....

Why isn't eBay using this in Australia for sellers? 

Why are we still waiting 2+ days for payments (4 days if a sale is made on a Friday) when we can get back to the days of old with instant payments 24/7, sending out our sales asap, making our customers happy and making our process so much smoother?

With Osko, I can transfer money from my main bank to another account at a different bank (not even a big four bank) within seconds (no exaggeration - it takes about 8 seconds) and it's cost me zero! 

If you're an eBay seller who is fed up with lagging payment schedules, please upvote/comment/share around this idea so it gets as many eBay eYes on it as possible. 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: PayID & Osko Payments

@ajtalbot wrote:

Why isn't eBay using this in Australia for sellers? 

Not all businesses use Paypal either - and there are rumors that eBay are going to ditch it soon.

It's eBay's "playground" so it's their decision on what payment system to use - end of............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

eBay do not read here

eBay are not interested in what a few sellers  want to insist on

The forum does not need more pointless spam of people pointlessly saying 'yes'

Managed Payments has been a 'thing' for over 3 years, so people who don't like it have had more than enough time to move on

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@ajtalbot wrote:

Safe, fast, reliable, free....

Managed payments meets all of those,  to me next day or 2 days is fast enough.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Ebay do not accept unsolicited policy ideas, etc.   If you want to have a say, wait until your next survey request.

For mine, if you cant wait a day or two for your payment, then ebay might not be the place for you to be selling, and you may constitute a risk to ebay and buyers.

Just to add, the last time I withdrew money from paypal, it took 5 days.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

My payments usually come through quickly. The payout is sent around 1-2 a.m. and mostly is available in my bank account by 10 a.m.

For whatever reason, eBay takes 1-2 business days to process funds before making them available, and this is not actually a long time to wait -- another big online market place whose name I won't mention holds funds for 6 weeks in case there are any issues with the sales. If eBay were to use a fast payment method, you might get the funds a day or so sooner but you would still have to wait out the processing period.

Besides, payments coming through as they are made is more of an accounting nightmare than bulk payments, and a fast transfer makes no appreciable difference to the time a bulk payment takes.

I do agree it is annoying not having funds coming in over a weekend, though.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply