PayPal for Collected Items

Hi, 

New to eBay but am struggling with a sale.

Was put up at a good price as I needed a quck sale, I was to be forced to offer PayPal as an option for payment as well as cash on collection, I stated in the advert collection was required due to the nature of the item, to arange a courier pickup, packaging and insurance for a 30inch monitor would likely result in higher shipping cost than the item itself.

Seller has deposited funds to PayPal immediatly before contacting me to arage a suitable collection time and insists on collecting the item, however he has gone overseas for 14 days, I myself will be overseas by the time he returns. This really defeats the point of the quick sale, I needed the money and a quick sale before heading overseas myself. 

The listing clearly stated quick sale as heading overseas, buyer must collect, but he can not collect for at least 14 days.

Can I refuse to sell this item?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: PayPal for Collected Items

But PayPal changed to include protection for pick up items some months ago ?

Has it changed back again ?

Oh I see what's happened, you misunderstood stawks.

There is protection for PayPal pick up items is what I was saying in answer to what the OP was asking.  Smiley Happy

Newly introduced 6 months ago.

Hence cash on pick up is best.

image host
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

ONLY IF you pay by Paypal.   

But you said....and I quote...

If someone pays me PayPal for a pick up item I refund and explain to just pay cash on pick up for their own protection.

They don't have protection for cash on P/U

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Their own protection of inspecting the item before paying. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Ahhh.   Okey Dokey then

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply