PayPal refunded my buyer instantly

So I got the email from Enay saying my item had sold and the PayPal email saying the buyer had paid but when I went to do the shipping label it showed I had refunded the sale. I messaged the buyer and they said they had paid and were expecting the item.
I am set up for auto feedback and my positive feedback is on their profile.
I called PayPal and they said I needed to contact the buyer as the problem was at their end. Luckily this is for a low value item and I have decided to send it out even though I haven't been paid to avoid negative feedback
I need to figure out what is going on in case it happens with a higher value item, I cannot find any reference to this problem??
Can anyone help?
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: PayPal refunded my buyer instantly

hahaha! classic! Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

If the buyer's payment is pending, it generally means the funds are coming from their bank account. Whilst it is pending the buyer can cancel the payment via PayPal.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

I have this happen twice now in the last week. The first purchased 2 items and by the time I had packaged them up and come back to the computer it was saying that I had refunded it. That person purchased 1 of the items a few hours later and I actually hung off for a day before i sent it.

The second happened 2 days ago. Buyer purchased 1 item and within 15 mins had been refunded. I contacted the buyer and asked what had happened and she didn't realised this had happened. Over the next 2 days she tried to pay again 2 more times and messaged me today to see what was happening. On my Ebay page it is showing as refunded but in my Paypal account it shows money received, money refunded, money received. The buyer also told me she had had ordered off 12 sellers with 26 items and she had trouble with the others. 

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Sometimes there is a comonaluty between the transactions - the Bank they have their account/credit card with.  If the bank is having technical glitches the money will be refunded and is treated like there are insufficient funds to cover the purchase.  I have had this happen with buyers and they were all using cards with "Commonwealth Bank".

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply