Paypal whingers

Gee I'm sick of going to someone's item and seeing them whinge about Paypal fees. Ebay should not allow this.If you don't like Ebay and the benefits you get from Paypal then go somewhere else.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Paypal whingers

A listing is no place for it.....I pay paypal and ebay a huge amount in fees every month. I think it is a little expensive.

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

If Ebay brought their fees down to the same level as PayPal then this would be a happier place to sell.

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

ytwo000
Community Member

if a person sold an item for $100 and buyer paid via paypal the seller gets $96.80..a $50 transaction and seller gets $48.25..yer sure paypal charge a fee but its very small in my books and payment shows up within minutes..

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

gevkal
Community Member
OP must work for PP. They are a RIP OFF! There is no decent alternative in Australia hence they rule the roost!
Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

So you think everyone who prefers Paypal to Paymate or having a merchant account to accept credit cards direct must work for Paypal?

If Paypal was so bad why would many of us offer it on other sites where there is no obligation to offer a safe payment method?

Why would many people, as I do, use it for personal money transactions like transferring funds from a bank in one country to another?

Why would we be more than happy to pay the small fee Paypal charges to make the post sale process so much eassier than when people pay by bank deposit?

Why would we wish to exclude all those buyers who don't have the ready cash but can pay using a credit card through Paypal.

Just so you know the Paypal fee in Aus is actually lower than that charged on the UK site but guess what? I still have, and use, a Paypal account there too!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

Then why are they charging me 3.9% + 40c  for a local cash transaction and let me tell you I have sent them many emails and spent over 2 hours on the phone to their useless phone centre asking for an answer and still awaitinng a reply.

Google: PayPal Rip-Off

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
It is 3.9% plus 30 cents if you are accepting international transactions if your PayPal is registered in USA
Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

Do you realise they are a business not a charity. When you use a service there are charges.

Latest reply

Quote: "When you use a service there are charges"

Yes that is correct

But it is the buyer who uses the service

So why should the seller have to pay the charges ?

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply