Paypal whingers

Gee I'm sick of going to someone's item and seeing them whinge about Paypal fees. Ebay should not allow this.If you don't like Ebay and the benefits you get from Paypal then go somewhere else.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Paypal whingers

@my*favourite*poster wrote:

If you dislike it so much, Sweetpea, how come you keep coming back?

At a guess... To spread joy.

I can't think of any other reason to continually post the love-inspiring replies he expects, despite the protestations. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I for one, am off to serenade Trust & Safety.

like my loooooove

Message 21 of 33
Latest reply

Paypal whingers

I am asking YOU to provide the figures. As YOU are the one with the issues.

You have managed to post for a couple of days without any diatribes. Until now....

Message 22 of 33
Latest reply

Paypal whingers

I have also been interested as to ebays performance lately. After some extensive googling I did manage to find some graphs from one of Americas leading financial institutions, comparing ebays turnover and profit with its peers such as Google and microsoft etc. At the start of the year the figures for all companies declined, but ebays declined more than their peers. About 3-4 months in all companies increased turnover and profit with ebay catching back up and turnover increasing to record levels. It seems all of the IT heavweights are still doing "very nicely thanks" even if thier customers find things a bit lean at times. 

Message 23 of 33
Latest reply

Paypal whingers

Which would tend to prove my point.

I certainly don't begrudge eBay the extra sale fees I pay because of the extra, free, listings they give me.

Win-win, imo.

Message 24 of 33
Latest reply

Paypal whingers

I,m also happy to pay the fees. I view them as being similar to franchise fees for B&M stores. Ebay gives me access to the biggest client base in the world and provides me with business and tax records as well as a very simple structure for listing, getting paid and sorting out problems. In return I pay a fee. Compared to B&M store rents, accountancy, advertising to attract clients, financial services etc. the fee is still much cheaper than B&M. Ebay may not get everything right but the fees for service are not ridiculous.

Message 25 of 33
Latest reply

Paypal whingers

@digital*ghost wrote:

@my*favourite*poster wrote:

If you dislike it so much, Sweetpea, how come you keep coming back?

At a guess... To spread joy.

I can't think of any other reason to continually post the love-inspiring replies he expects, despite the protestations. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I for one, am off to serenade Trust & Safety.

like my loooooove

COSM1.gif

I'm definitely feeling the love LOLOL

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 26 of 33
Latest reply

Paypal whingers

I just got a reply...

Dear digital*ghost,

Thank you for wooing eBay today, we appreciate your affection. We have made a note of your intentions and also passed on your attachment to our dedicated tech team who we hope will be able to resolve this issue shortly. 

Please rest assured that all eBay members are subject to our terms of endearment equally, and that we will take all necessary and appropriate action in regards to this matter. However, for privacy reasons, we will not be able to inform you of the action we have taken.

Thanks

eBay

Message 27 of 33
Latest reply

Paypal whingers

After such cooing, "thanks" appears abrupt.

And Dear? I would expect no less than a "darling"!

Anyway, to get back to the topic, when I buy I expect the seller to have built a profit into the price that they are happy with, taking into account all overheads including the various fees.

So I am not happy being asked to pay those fees separately (which is against the rules, but it has happened), and would not like to see a seller complaining about fees in their listing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 28 of 33
Latest reply

Paypal whingers

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:
After such cooing, "thanks" appears abrupt.

And Dear? I would expect no less than a "darling"!

*smirk*

I love it when the mods have written to me this month...

yeah, yeah, small things an all....

and last month one even told me they felt bad citing "my mum" 

didn't stop em writing to me though LOL

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 29 of 33
Latest reply

Paypal whingers

hmmm.

That means they have human sensibilities and cannot be AIs after all. I am oddly disappointed by that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 30 of 33
Latest reply