Pensioners Concession Stamps Will Remain The Same Price For Another Year

Was at my Main PO  (Owned By AP not a franchise) to day and I asked the lady about Postage Increases on January 2016, I asked about the concession stamps price and she informed me they will still be 60 cents each to pensioners for another year. This was something to do when AP increased The price from 60 Cents to 70 Cents to assist Pensioners. So if you are a Pensioner like me make sure  to use your yearly Quota of 50 stamps. These stamps can be used even when the price increases to $1.00.

Just thought I would pass this info on

Thank You

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I should get my mum to register so she gets 50 a year then I can use them.
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Nothing wrong with that I use my wifes as he is also a pensioner si I have maybe 80 per year to use its a big saving and a big loss to AP...Smiley TongueSmiley TongueSmiley Tongue

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

And you don't see anything wrong with using a pensioner concession to earn income?

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I'm entitled to them, but I would never use them for ebay selling.

I think it's all wrong.      JMO

I think buyers would frown on anything sent with a concession stamp.

I know I would

I wouldn't want to risk offending a repeat buyer

But, to each their own

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

It will only work on standard letters anyway. For anything above that I imagine the full freight will apply, regardless of denomination.

Must be younger than us, Lyndal. The almighty dollar reigns these days. Morals and ethics come a long way behind.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

A lot of what crowsman has listed now would go as an ordinary letter so I can see how he would be better off.

I wonder how many people who are eligible for the concession stamps actually need and use all of them....or do they keep other members of their family in cheap stamps.

IMO it is just another rort.

I doubt that I use even 10 ordinary letter stamps in a year.  I would be better off if they lowered the price of Christma stamps.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Nobody is using the pensioner,  it is Australia Post who provides the concession, who cares about Australia post, they are a rip off at the best of times

go for it if you can , post as cheap as you can

when i pay $18.20 to australia post for a small item to the Uk (more than 2 cm) but weighs 80 gram,i actually don't feel sorry for -australia post

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Anyone who is eligible for concession stamps and buys them regardless of whether they need them is ripping off AP.

While there are some people who might use 50 stamps in a year I think they are few and far between.

IMO they should have to buy their stamps as they need them, with maybe a limit of 5 at a time, up to the limit of 50.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply