Petitions? No thanks

Ebay has a massive massive reach - that must be paid for.

They want 9% of the postage? - not a great idea I think, but hey, they give me a mega sales platform and I do well - so I will put up and shut up.

They put sponsored ads that undercut my products? -  - not a great idea I think, but ditto, the sales are still good, so I tolerate the it (what else can I do anyway?)

They don't employ Australians nor Australian taxes? - good job! Their fees would be 20% in order to cover those costs. No thanks!

If you like eBay sell on it - if you don't like it, don't sell on it. It's that simple. If their rules and fees become too harsh, they will only harm themselves anyway, and the internet is a big place - nobody is forced to use them.

Some people treat it like some kind of public institution or charity - me thinks.   

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Petitions? No thanks

Yes, it is the constant arbitary changes that drive me crazy, I have a definite aim and plan to be free of feebay by the end of the year.

Whether I get there by then, time will tell...

I, like some others, put too many eggs in the eBay basket and are now regretting it.

Especially in the last 3-4 years, where fees have doubled, sales have fallen, prices have fallen and they are not done with fee increases yet.

Not with the CEO getting 20 million or so and many down the chain getting paid probably in the millions.

Should have known better, they are monopilistic corporate scum and tax evaders as well.

They bought and closed down Sold.com giving me no choice at the time (Year 2000) to come over to eBay.

They own Gumtree and buy out anyone that looks a threat.

Whilst I pay my GST, they avoid theirs... How is that fair?

Their grab for 10% of hard working sellers postage costs show just how low and filthy they are..

AND they have the nerve to try and window dress it as a good thing!

Speaking of arbitary changes, imagine if eBay banned the sale of ALL reproductions.

There goes a large part of your medieval reproduction business, just like that.

How would you feel?

Pretty much like many sellers are feeling right now who post heavy items and are looking at a MASSIVE increase in fees..

Message 21 of 22
Latest reply

Re: Petitions? No thanks

iamanark
Community Member
I think all medieval products (real or repro) should be completely banned … this sort of stuff only promotes violence ... if not banned ... it should be licensed like firearms . We need a petition against violence and implements of violence, in our community
Message 22 of 22
Latest reply