Plus has extra fees for Australia

sloc6192
Community Member

Hi, You always say the eBay Plus fee for Australians is $4.99 but this is not accurate.

Banks classify this as a purchase from overseas, so it incurs a small fee on each payment.

Retail Purchase-InternationalPaypal $4.99

International Transaction Fee $0.15

This is always noted with my fees, very small, but I think it should be noted.

So, we actually pay " $5.14 " in fees.

I assumed it was a bank fee, or is it a PayPal Fee??

Thank You.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Plus has extra fees for Australia

You can see on which eBay site you are by glancing at your web browser address bar. Here, you’ll note it behind with https://community.eBay.com.au <— the .com.au tells you it’s Australia.

I can’t speak personally as to the question of an international transaction fee for eBay Plus, as I have never seen a value in eBay Plus for me and would not subscribe to it.

However, I’ve seen many a complaint on these boards by people who seem to have inadvertently signed up to it and want to know how to unsubscribe. Had they been charged a transaction fee as well, they’d have included it in their upset comments.

Change your bank perhaps… or try changing your settings in PayPal.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You may want to ask Ebay ratner than members of the forum.

But that fee will be your bank or as you say paypal, and will vary depending on the institution.   But Ebay will only get the 4.99.  

Not sure what your issue is. 

You pay Ebay 4.99 for the privilege, and your institution a fee , complain to them 

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I can't recall other members ever saying it, let alone always saying it

And I honestly don't recall anyone ever asking about an international transaction fee, or being charged one for it

It sounds like something your bank/card provider has charged 

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

It must be to do with the way your payment is set up and being processed.  Every time I have seen a member coming to the boards to complain or question ebay plus fees.  It is always, why have I been charged.  $4.99

(monthly fee)  or why have I been charged  $49.00   (annual fee).

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Hello 

May I please ask which country you are from, and is it USA  🇺🇸 or UK 🇬🇧?  
As such you may not be required to pay International Transfer Fees to the home country! 

My question was more to see if any other countries/banks/PayPal did actually add any charges or not.

My statements do not list a reason, or where / why it is paid.

Thank You for answering, but ebay has only informed me now of answers.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

These are the Australian eBay community discussion boards.

Those posting here are in Australia. (Primarily.)

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

This is the forum for eBay Australia

Members here are in Australia and respond according to the rules/policies etc of Australia 

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

sloc6192
Community Member

Thank you for your replies,

But I was not informed this was Aus related, so I assumed it was international!

Just once more and I will check my bank (As many of you must pay by PayPal or do you check).

They just deduct from my Mastercard, as with any transaction, and even China payments have no fees.

It was a Genuine question, and a genuine Paypal transaction.

Retail Purchase-International Description PAYPAL *EBAYMARKET
Always followed by - International Transaction Fee ?

So, I thank you again, and must accept the next answer as ✔️.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

You can see on which eBay site you are by glancing at your web browser address bar. Here, you’ll note it behind with https://community.eBay.com.au <— the .com.au tells you it’s Australia.

I can’t speak personally as to the question of an international transaction fee for eBay Plus, as I have never seen a value in eBay Plus for me and would not subscribe to it.

However, I’ve seen many a complaint on these boards by people who seem to have inadvertently signed up to it and want to know how to unsubscribe. Had they been charged a transaction fee as well, they’d have included it in their upset comments.

Change your bank perhaps… or try changing your settings in PayPal.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply