Post Office Pick Up

Hi all,

Just wondered what all your experiences have been with buyers timescales in picking carded items up from the LPO? I seold an item around the 6th March, and it was delivered to the LPO after attempted delivery on the 10th. I know this is not a long time, but still its a high price item, and if it was me, I would have picked it up by now? I have had a similar sale prior, and that did get picked up about 6-7 days later.

I guess my question is, how long do Aus Post hold items for, and what action would you take if this item is not picked up say In another week? I did think of sending a message and email to the buyer, but all messages that I send out after a sale were ignored anyway, and also has many sellers are now doing, I am wary of alerting them to the fact that tracking is showing up as awaiting, if in fact they have received the item and I get stung for a INR?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Post Office Pick Up

@aunty_vera wrote:

....and of course post offices don't always scan the parcels when picked up so your buyer may already have it...this happens to me a LOT.

You can always call Aus Post customer service 137678 (sad that I have that number in my head) and tell them to contact the post office in question and find out if it's been picked up. 

Good luck

Thanks! I called Aus Post and lodged an investigation just in case. I agreed to pick the item up myself if it is failed to be picked up by the 10 business day limit. Seems very strange that it is still awaiting pick up, and that I have had no response from the buyer? It is a $500+ item, and seems a little sus.

An interesting thins speaking to the Aus Post custmer rep was I mentioned I was just a little on edge with the whole eBay scammers thing, and she fully understood and agreed that there have been a lot more issues recently!!!

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

I've got one that's been sitting at the PO for almost a week and it hasn't been marked as delivered. I'm reluctant to message the buyer in case it gives him ideas about claiming he hasn't got it. I wondered if he'd just been busy and couldn't get there during hours, but it was sent to a parcel locker, which I thought could be access 24/7? I'll give it until the end of the week and if it still shows as waiting collection, I'll give that PO a call. Now i'm wondering if parcel lockers aren't shown as being delivered because the buyer just goes and collects it? I've never had anything to do with them before, so not sure what the process is.

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

I've got one that's been sitting at the PO for almost a week and it hasn't been marked as delivered. I'm reluctant to message the buyer in case it gives him ideas about claiming he hasn't got it. I wondered if he'd just been busy and couldn't get there during hours, but it was sent to a parcel locker, which I thought could be access 24/7? I'll give it until the end of the week and if it still shows as waiting collection, I'll give that PO a call. Now i'm wondering if parcel lockers aren't shown as being delivered because the buyer just goes and collects it? I've never had anything to do with them before, so not sure what the process is.

Yes, I have not messaged my buyer either to say that it is awaiting collection for the same reason, in fact it may have been after reading that in a different thread from yourself? i messaged the buyer after purchase through the PayPal provided email and eBay, but no response.

On the Parcel Locker, it is the same as any tracked parcel; shows up as 'awaiting collection', and then as 'collected', at least it did for my buyer last week or so?

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

Parcel locker tracking is 50-50, I've found. It should be scanned as delivered because it's basically the same as delivering to a buyer's letterbox or doorstep, but some staff will scan it as awaiting collection and so far I've found that it will show as that for as long as tracking events remain visible, unfortunately (I've sent a few tracked packages to parcel lockers, some were scanned as delivered when they went in to the locker, others were scanned as awaiting collection and never updated to delivered, but I know the buyer's collected the items because I received feedback for them). 

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

@expanded_perceptions wrote:

@clarry100 wrote:

If there is a phone number in your buyer's sales record try calling that.

Yes, no phone number, in fact I don't think I have seen a phone number in any of my buyers details for any sales? I know I could request from eBay?

You may be looking in the wrong place for the phone number.

It will be in the transaction record NOT the buyer details.

Look underneath the address details as most buyers do include their phone number.

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

Parcel locker tracking is 50-50, I've found. It should be scanned as delivered because it's basically the same as delivering to a buyer's letterbox or doorstep, but some staff will scan it as awaiting collection and so far I've found that it will show as that for as long as tracking events remain visible, unfortunately (I've sent a few tracked packages to parcel lockers, some were scanned as delivered when they went in to the locker, others were scanned as awaiting collection and never updated to delivered, but I know the buyer's collected the items because I received feedback for them). 

You could be right! My experience with parcel lockers is limited to only a couple of transactions? Both, thankfully were scanned correctly and showed up as such, not always the case with any parcel of course.

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

Thanks Knees and DG. I don't normally check tracking numbers, but I was curious how quick this one took to get from here to Sydney (inner suburbs). As it was, it got there overnight! I'm hoping he has picked it up!

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

If it hasn't been collected within 10-12 days it will be returned to you.

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

@sparrow2207 wrote:

If it hasn't been collected within 10-12 days it will be returned to you.

Sadly, this is looking like this will be the case with my item. Although I have arranged to pick it up at the LPO it is still awaiting collection at.

I wonder though, what is the policy on returned items? Do you have to refund the full amount, or item less postage, or hold the item for a period, or try to send again?

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

I always contact my buyers around day 5 of non collection as I have found that sometimes they don't get carded.  AP issues a "Final Notice" to collect on day 8 which can be too late.  If they then fail to collect and it is returned I would only refund purchase price as you posted item in good faith and it was their decision not to arrange collection.  They also could have contacted AP and arranged for parcel to be forwarded to another PO for collection say near where they work.  Most large POs have an early collection area where you can collect from 7AM usually located at side or back of PO with a buzzer to ring.

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply