Feedback is Optional.

I am trying to decide if as a seller I will continue to leave feedback. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Feedback is Optional.

Totally up to you but as sellers can not leave the factual honest feedback we are encouraged to leave then it means nothing really other than showing the buyer paid for something.

Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

Feedback is Optional.

I care not a jot about feedback but as some numpty buyers seem to think they will get a better deal from a seller who leaves feedback I leave it for them once they leave it for me or when it gets to nearly 60 days so I assume all is well, as soon as feedback is left I archive the transactions.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

Feedback is Optional.

I leave feedback for buyers after I have posted their goods for several reasons including:

1.  To reiterate my thanks to the buyer for their purchase in a public way

2.  To confirm the actual postage date

3.  To demonstrate I have confidence in my goods & services & do not have a need to withhold feedback until a buyer lets me know they are satisfied.

4.  Its an advertising opportunity  - whilst extremely limited - it nonetheless stamps my IDs name on another page on eBay.

5.  Buyer can find my IDs again if required through feedback left

6.  Mitigates risk of buyer being peeved by sellers who do not leave feedback first

7.  I get a very good rate of feedback in return, I think leaving feedback first contributes to this

Cat Very Happy

Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

Feedback is Optional.

It's a curly one, isn't it?

As a buyer, I care little for head-patting by a seller, telling me I've been a good boy and paid for the item I purchased, but am also cognizant of the fact that I live with 3 buyers-only, who actually feel miffed if they don't get their nice little message from the sellers - advising them that they've done exactly what they do EVERY time they also visit a retail B&M store.

So I guess, the right and most lucrative response is to continue to leave feedback for those who feel jilted without it.

Who knows? The lack of feedback to buyers may actually harm our sales!

Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

Feedback is Optional.

I agree with the cat  i do the same  she has a perfect record  if ever i have to wear a dress i will be going to her ebay store

Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

Feedback is Optional.

saarzi
Community Member

The positives to leaving feedback heavily outweight the negatives.

Hence why I leave feedback.

Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

Feedback is Optional.

@joethenuts wrote:

I agree with the cat  i do the same  she has a perfect record  if ever i have to wear a dress i will be going to her ebay store

awww fanks joethenuts ...... that day may come who knows what the future will bring Cat LOL

Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

Feedback is Optional.

As a seller, I've tried both-

1) leaving feedback for buyer 1st, since they've 'met their terms' by paying

2) leaving feedback after buyer leaves it for me, because:

a) the transaction isn't completed until the buyer inspects the item and agrees it is what they ordered

b) the seller has no way to know the buyer has even received the item, until they leave feedback.

People seem to have tested both these options heavily, and it appears to make little difference to what you get.

It's fun to think about as a conumdrum, in a chicken or egg fashion, but that's about it.

I try to remember that most methods of selling items don't include feedback like this. Eg, I went to KFC the other night and they wanted me to fill in feedback forms- on paper, or online, or on phone with an app- but I just wanted my family meal deal.

Feedback isn't important unless something terrible happens. 

Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

Feedback is Optional.

(quote) 5.  Buyer can find my IDs again if required through feedback left.

I'm a buyer.  I like feedback from sellers and the above reason is something I've found very useful lately.  It's quicker than ploughing through what is often archived purchases.  And I figure if the seller has left feedback early that means my purchase has been posted.  Good to know!  I also provide feedback in return.

Message 10 of 34
Latest reply