Post costs don't match with weights.

Re new AP pricing.

Can anyone explain this?

If I enter the weight in my listing as "up to 250g" it still shows as &19.00 using calculated postage.

The new pricing should be $16.00.

$19.00 is the price for 500g and above.

How can I fix this? does anyone have any ideas?

I printed off the weights off AP website, but Ebay don't seem to have it correct in their software.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Post costs don't match with weights.

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/create-your-business-policies

Try clicking on the link they've got in the above article to see whether it'll opt you in to business policies if you haven't already got any set up.  They look daunting initially but it doesn't take long to figure them out and then you'll save heaps of time.  You don't even need a store to use them.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I suggest that you set your own postage and handling cost rather than using calculated postage. Done in your business policies.

Given the confusion expressed by postal staff about the new system, ebay would be that much the same or worse.

The new up to 500 gram cost is $8.95.

What is pleasing is the 500 to 1 kg range is now flat rate Australia wide at $12.20. That is a good reduction in cost.

That covers most of my sales.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I gather there will be some trial and error to get things to work. I have noticed ebay have placed small satchels with small boxes and a weight limit of 500grams. Not sure if small box is a Aust post box or your own packaging which has a 500gram limit. 

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Hi thanks for your answer but cannot find "account" anywhere to set up business policies.

my tabs across the top are "Orders, Listings, Marketing" nowhere can i see "account"

Does it depend on the level of subscription you have? We have the middle one, Featured. Not business. 

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I had trouble only yesterday finding this....Try My Ebay Summary, then on that page you should see tabs for Activity, Messages & Account (right under your username on that page - top left) Good luck

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

In the "shortcuts" box you should have a link to "site preferences".

If you go there you should have business policies in the menu on the left of the page.
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/create-your-business-policies

Try clicking on the link they've got in the above article to see whether it'll opt you in to business policies if you haven't already got any set up.  They look daunting initially but it doesn't take long to figure them out and then you'll save heaps of time.  You don't even need a store to use them.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks everyone for your input, have found the business policies but before we jump in and set up could someone advise just how it helps your business?

Do you find it helpful? or restrictive?

We have never needed before just always used calculated post and has always worked fine. But wondering if there are other benefits?

On another note have had some discussion with eBay and apparently they are working big time to catch up on whatever problems they currently have after the new pricing started. Will have the 250g pricing for postage installed within a week. 

In the meantime they are charging the same price for 250g as 500g so quite a difference- $16.00 & $19.00.

I played around with a new listing changing the weights and the pricing for post stayed the same so once he realised what i was saying and had a look at the listing advised that will be added to priority fix-ups.

Must say sounded a bit weary. So guessing they have had one or two probs when the new pricing kicked in. Felt sorry for him.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks found it.
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

No, site preferences doesn't show anything about business policies for us. But have found now using brerrabbit's link so all good. thank you for your input
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply