Postage Delays

I think with postage delays as they are Ebay should at least announce buyers to be patient waiting for items..Buyers go by the Auspost times which we all know can be outrages at the best of times ..standard 2-6 days..Ive had customers getting their items 5 to 10 days late..Some buyers are oblivious to whats going on around them ATM and I'm tired of recieving emails saying why hasn't my items arrived only after 1 day over due the Aus post recommended delivery times which is no fault of mine but it always seems the case the seller cops the blame

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Postage Delays

@love_of_cars wrote:

I got a heap of updates via email from AP yesterday all at once.  Maybe a bottleneck has been cleared a little.

I had a sale yesterday to USA and the customer said eBay indicated it would arrive by the end of May.  Clearly eBay are not properly taking the impact of the virus into account and syncing it up with AP.  I do need to extend my handling time to help with this long term but I do worry how that will impact my ranking in search results.

That, to me, seems an overly optimistic delivery time frame.

I posted a small book & birthday card to a friend in USA just on a month ago and I was specifically told in at the local PO that they could not guarantee delivery time frames for it at the moment. I'm okay with that but the point is, it hasn't arrived yet. 

I think you do need to extend your handling time for overseas sales but I also think ebay should be more realistic at the moment too and extend ETA automatically.

Message 31 of 43
Latest reply

I don't think extending handling time is the answer if shipping internationally, as whatever you set will apply to domestic orders and ETAs as well. If Aus Post are sending some orders by sea mail, the only option would be to have a 30 day handling time (6 weeks) to counter it, which would give local buyers ETAs of around 7 weeks. 

The better option is to (if possible) select a flat rate postage option which has a longer delivery time, such as the international economy one, which allows for 35 business days (7 weeks) in addition to your handling time, without affecting local ETAs by the same amount (also, don't forget dispute timeframes are based on ETAs - personally I would not be looking to give local buyers 3 months or so to raise eBay claims). 

Message 32 of 43
Latest reply

Australia Post update today 22 May 2020. Some interesting regulatory changes:

https://auspost.com.au/about-us/news-media/important-updates/coronavirus/coronavirus-domestic-update...
Message 33 of 43
Latest reply

From 1 June 2020, Priority letters will be processed and delivered as Regular letters.

I thought they had suspended this option already?

Message 34 of 43
Latest reply

It used to Take 6 weeks by passenger ship to travel between the UK and Australia back in the 60's (did that journey 3 times!) but might a bit faster now
Message 35 of 43
Latest reply

How about

Most recent update

Cleared and awaiting international departure

MELBOURNE VIC

Date & time Thu 7 May • 1:47pm

Fri 9th April
Item processed at facility

MELBOURNE VIC

Thu 8 Apr • 7:09am

Received by Australia Post

Yet things I've sent in May have been deliverd..

Message 36 of 43
Latest reply

I've replied to this in the topic you started - April items probably went by boat, while May ones caught a break and made it onto a plane.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 37 of 43
Latest reply

Then why cant Aus Post tell me this one way or the other? They would have to know how they sent and packed things...

Message 38 of 43
Latest reply

April parcels also went to a warehouse for storage. Worst part is there is no time frame for when they will leave due to flight restrictions that are still in place.

Message 39 of 43
Latest reply

I'm only guessing regarding the boat - others have been told something similar and reported back here, but it would make sense.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 40 of 43
Latest reply