Postage Scales

cocokids
Community Member

I am a newbie to ebay and I am finding the amount of information totally overwhelming. I thought I would come online and buy some scales to weigh my items and have hit another brick wall as most of them have 2-5g increments. I have items that are very light (jewellery) and items up to 5-10kg.

Can anyone recommend a good pair of scales that can weigh from 0+ without increments so I know the EXACT weight.

Hope that made sense and thanks in advance for any information.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Postage Scales

My local LPO sells scales (5kg in 1g increments, which means that you can actually weigh up to 10kg) for just $19.95 and with their large flat elevated tray, they are ideal for use as postal scales.
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

If I want to weigh a larger box, I put a cup or something on mine and tare it back to zero, then sit the box on top. That way it keeps the weight in the centre of the scales. It was a few grams out when I just sat the box straight onto it. Normally it's not an issue, but I have posted a few parcels that were up around 495g, so wanted to keep it as accurate as possible. I'd be miffed if it weighed in at 501g!

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

We bought a set of good quality digital kitchen scales from a kitchen place. I think they cost us about $35 from memory.

They weigh up to 5kg in 1-gram increments which suits us.

They are always within a couple of grams when I compare to the local PO scales so we are happy with the accuracy too.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

I bought some digital scales on ebay a few years ago, they have been great. They are called Ultraship Ultra 55.

You can set them to g, lb, oz, kg and mine go up to 25kg (handy for weighing luggage if you are travelling!). I have

sent a lot of light weight items too and found them good. Can see some in UK with worldwide shipping.

Another place online called Medshop appears to have them in several sizes at reasonable prices.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply