Postage rip off-Post office ripping me/customers off

If there is an Australia Post rep out there then can you please explain to me why Aust Post is ripping people off with postage cost as I have been ripped off many times now and all I get for an answer is sorry but you are wrong.For example I have just been ripped off today,I went and posted a letter with registered postage and it weighs 35 grams and when the postal worker placed it on the scales it came up as 246 grams which she then charged me $1.40 instead of $0.70 **bleep**???????.The letter did not weigh 1/4 of a kilo! The scales are totally out of wack and the post office knows this and I am sick and tired of being ripped off.I remember years ago when Coles in my local area tampered with their scales to make things weigh more and they were caught and fined for it,I have a feeling that this is what is happening with my local post office?

I think that I might have to carry my own scales with me when I go to the post office from now on.

I don't mind paying for postage as long as I am charged the correct costs but to be totally ripped off like this is just very unfair.

Message 1 of 58
Latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Re: Postage rip off-Post office ripping me/customers off

LOL

Even at her grossly inflated weight of 246gms it is still classified as a small letter as its under 250gms and under 5mm thick.

As long as the dimensions were OK. It should have still been 70-cents.

So this LPO worker had no clue of the difference between a large letter and a small letter.

And you still had to pay the additional $3.50 for the registered mail sticker I assume.

I'd be back there to complain loudly and then take your business elsewhere. Take a copy of their latest MS11 Post Charges booklet relevant pages with you, its available on their web site.

Message 21 of 58
Latest reply

I argued the point that it should only be a $0.70 stamp but it seems as though these people have no idea what they should be charging and the fact that they can't see that the scales are totally bogas is unbelievable so I'm off to another post office

Message 22 of 58
Latest reply

I'd be taking my business elsewhere.

When I first started selling my LPO gave me a little trouble too, not with weights though,, it was more the rudeness and lack of customer service.

When I told them within 2 years I'd be their biggest customer they suddenly got it right and have treated me with courtesy and respect ever since - and whilst i'm not their biggest customer, I'm not far off.

Message 23 of 58
Latest reply

Talk about rudeness when I was trying to argue my point across in a polite manner of coarse all I got was sorry you are wrong next customer please! Well I walked out of this post office singing out for all others to hear (watch out people as you might be getting ripped off in here)

Message 24 of 58
Latest reply

Zelly - was it a standard size envelope? DL 110mm x 220mm? Not the next size up?
Message 25 of 58
Latest reply

It was one of those yellow envelopes 120mm x 235mm and it was under 5mm thick,every other time I've posted these envelopes and they weighed more than 35 grams it only costs me $0.70 but lately it's a shambles as to what you get charged.

Message 26 of 58
Latest reply

It's beyond a joke because the website says upto 25 A4 pages weigh upto 125 grams inside the envelope that I used and I only had 7 A4 pages in it and it weighed 246 grams when they weighed it.I just imagine how bemused the recipient will be when they see the postage cost on the envelope.

Message 27 of 58
Latest reply

Zelly, I would still be reporting this to Aust Post - complaints/enquiries??  it is definitely an issue for Aust Post authorities to deal with. Not only for you but all others who are dealing with this LPO,  If the people running this franchise aren't up to speed, then they need to be sorted out by Aust Post officials

Message 28 of 58
Latest reply

I also was continually getting a different weight to the local post office.  I then bought a set of digital scales from the post office for

the grand sum of $39.95.  Even after weighing my items the post office was always coming up with a heavier weight.  I then took

the scales back to exchange for another set.  Each time the same thing happened.  A worker at the post office told me that they

took each and every set of scales out of the boxes to compare and not one of them had the same reading.  They said they would

send the lot back to the supplier.  A week later I noticed all the scales in the post office out on special for $19.95.  I would encourage everyone who can be bothered to take their scales down to the post office for comparisons if they have any doubt that the weights

are not aligning. 

Message 29 of 58
Latest reply

I bought a set of weight watches scales from a garage sale for $1.00 .Works way better than my Toledo ones I used. Small enough to carry to the PO

Message 30 of 58
Latest reply