Postage times getting worse.

Australian post times are ridiculous.Took 16 days for an item to get from Brisbane to Sydney.25 days to get a pack from Brisbane to Perth.5 days to get to a suburb 30 mins from me.Whats wrong with Australian post.They are getting worse.Meanwhile Ebay are telling me my postage times are slow.Cant win

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Set your handling time for a longer period. I have mine at a minimum of 5 days. Although I usually post out the next business day after the sale, it gives me a bit of "padding".

Also, I message my buyers to say that Aus Post are taking at LEAST 5-8 business days for deliveries so mentally they start to think that if the item is going to take 8 business days, they will only start worrying about it in 2 weeks time.

You can set anything up to a 30 day handling time (if I remember correctly).

It's a good way to protect yourself from buyers when they go to mark your performance stars.

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

Lucky for me I have had good buyers..But obviouly a couple have marked me low with postage and Ebay have said my postage times are slow the last couple of posts.How can I help if Australian Post is so slow.I also have just bought something and it was posted last Friday and it's not here in Brisbane from Sydney.Tracking says it's still in Sydney.After a week.Crazy

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

esayaf
Community Member
I have been receiving my items in record time. Recently had a parcel posted Friday in NSW arrive Monday in western Victoria
Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

@jjba6541 wrote:

Australian post times are ridiculous.Took 16 days for an item to get from Brisbane to Sydney.25 days to get a pack from Brisbane to Perth.5 days to get to a suburb 30 mins from me.Whats wrong with Australian post.They are getting worse.Meanwhile Ebay are telling me my postage times are slow.Cant win

That's a shame but there are no problems posting out of Canberra  - the last few parcels I have sent (to NSW and VIC) have been delivered in two days.  Actually, I haven't had any delayed deliveries (or lost parcels) in the past two+ years.  Hats off to Australia Post (from me at least).

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

screamingdemon_2007
Community Member
Welcome to Australia. Auspost - useless. We are based in Perth, honestly I am so sick of 90% of msgs and complaints being about the one thing we can not control - POSTAGE TIMES.
I don't understand how something can go from Perth to Vic in 4 days, then it takes them 6 days to deliver something to Bunbury (130ks south of perth)........... We post same day if ordered before 2pm w.a time.. ebays msg's the buyer with "item posted", most items have tracking number uploaded to ebay and visable to the buyer... Yet, we get the blame when its a day or two late.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

@cushioncovers wrote:

Set your handling time for a longer period. I have mine at a minimum of 5 days. Although I usually post out the next business day after the sale, it gives me a bit of "padding".

Also, I message my buyers to say that Aus Post are taking at LEAST 5-8 business days for deliveries so mentally they start to think that if the item is going to take 8 business days, they will only start worrying about it in 2 weeks time.

You can set anything up to a 30 day handling time (if I remember correctly).

It's a good way to protect yourself from buyers when they go to mark your performance stars.

Yes we also have increased our handling time to 3-days to combat Aust Post. But we still mail out same day if at all possible.

Our items all (mostly) go by untracked large letter.

Since increasing our handling time we have not received any late delivery defects and in fact the Pos Feedback comments about our quick postage times have increased.

And we have not been able to attribute any loss of sales to doing this.

So seems to work well for us.

Oh BTW... we recently sent an item from Brisbane (Caboolture) to Perth area with a 50-cent priority stamp on it.

It arrived in under 48-hours from dropping it into our local red street box. Best ever we have seen. But that is certainly not the norm tho.

In this case it arrived faster than it would have by express since the postcode was outside the express network. Needless to say the buyer was impressed.

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

I recently bought a small item that came from Brisbane area in an envelope. I am in Melbourne. It was posted on 14 Aug, Arrived yesterday, 19 Aug.

The estimated dates of arrival were 17-19th Aug.

I know ebay sets those dates but I bet a lot of buyers don't know or particularly care how the dates are set, they just think of them as a reasonable expected range. I know I look at them too. I don't take them as gospel but more as a ballpark guide.

In the case of my purchase, had it not been delivered Friday, it could not have arrived here till next week. I wouldn't have marked down their postage stars as I have bought from them before and I am confident they posted asap. But a lot of buyers will just tell the truth. For the question did it arrive on or before 19 Aug, (if it arrived on eg 22 Aug) they would tick no.

So... if you can, you need to extend your estimated arrival dates out a bit more. I think you are right, stuff from Brisbane can be a bit on the slow side.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Item sent 22nd July - recieved 2 Aug . Bear in mind there are 4 weekend days in that. Customer happy all round BUT because it had tracking for some reason EBAY marked me a defect because the 'tracking' said it was late - Cant win ! 

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Okay, I'm actually quite confused here.

I thought a seller was protected against a late defect if they post within their handling time (and have the tracking to prove it).

As I understand it, the buyer can't mark it late if the tracking shows it was posted within the handling time, even if it arrived "late".

Am I wrong?

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply