Posting OOSHIES

Ooshies, those horrid plastic Woolworths things. My mum had a heap of them so I was looking at what they are selling for. People are selling the individual Ooshies for $4 or $5, up to $10 each with free postage. The only way they could make a profit on that is to send them as a large letter. I measured my Ooshies and the smallest is 25mm wide, up to 35mm, too big to send as a large letter. So 1 Ooshie would be a parcel. I imagine these sellers are sending their Ooshies in an envelope with 2 stamps. I bet Australia Post hate that, as things bigger than 2cm can get caught in their sorting machines. How do people get away with this? As a rule I don't send anything thicker than 18mm as a large letter. Anyone else selling Ooshies???
Message 1 of 130
Latest reply
129 REPLIES 129

Re: Posting OOSHIES

Cool, I'll be cutting my Ooooshies in half. Thanks Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 31 of 130
Latest reply

He saw fluffy Ooshie in some Woolworths store

Struttin' its stuff in the aisle

It said 'Collect!
What's next, you wanna see what you get?'
'Mmm Hmmm Ooshie Ooshie Ya Ya Da Da
Ooshie Ooshie Ya Ya Here

Mocca chocolata Ya Ya

Furry little Simba toy

Voulez-vous recueillir la sรฉrie ce soir?

Voulez-vous recueillir la sรฉrie?

Message 32 of 130
Latest reply

Oh dear 

I laughed so hard there was a fluffy here

Cat LOL

Message 33 of 130
Latest reply

acknowledge-f.gif

Message 34 of 130
Latest reply

I have not seen these OOSHIES in person so not sure if it is possible but I have soft items that are over the 2cm thickness that I am able to flatten between two pieces of stiff cardboard (plastic can be better if you can fins some). As long as the item springs back to shape I find it works on foam air filters and similiar. 

I miss the days when they had a 250gram parcel that cost $2.30 and 500gram was $3.30. A 20kg metro delivery parcel was $6.00 and wages did not seam like much less than they are now.

Message 35 of 130
Latest reply

They did sell some of the little shop accessories last year (basket, apron etc) and they were selling for over $100 on eBay by the end of the promotion(!!!) as they were sold out in store. I bet those buyers are spewing now, as the same accessories have been re-released this year - and theyโ€™re only $4-$10 in store.
Message 36 of 130
Latest reply

@eol-products I was just thinking the same thing! I miss the small parcel rates tooooo ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Each ooshie is slightly different in size/shape, but theyโ€™re quite firm so they canโ€™t really get squished down in the envelope.
Message 37 of 130
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 so many dodgy listings! If you look carefully at the images, many are photoshopped from the example image on the woolies website.

The same thing happened with the golden billy banana from the Coles stikeez promotion - people were colouring in the regular banana figure with a gold sharpie and trying to pass them off as the rare ones.... I must have reported a couple dozen listings at the time. Then the dodgy sellers got innovative and started listing them as โ€œreplicasโ€ and marketing them to parents as a cheap way to finish their kidsโ€™ collections... ๐Ÿคฃ
Message 38 of 130
Latest reply

I'm selling lots of the Ooshies & I just don't get it! I don't even like the lil buggers but I totally understand getting a bit sucked into wanting the Little Shops...I think they're sooo cute cos they re tiny!!! Just got my 1st ever one today ... It's the Tip Top bread & I'm not selling it๐Ÿ˜ ... But don't understand why people want the Ooshies.. Just glad they do...

Message 39 of 130
Latest reply

Some one asked me that .. Are they all original or did I paint some gold??๐Ÿ™„

Message 40 of 130
Latest reply