Posting OOSHIES

Ooshies, those horrid plastic Woolworths things. My mum had a heap of them so I was looking at what they are selling for. People are selling the individual Ooshies for $4 or $5, up to $10 each with free postage. The only way they could make a profit on that is to send them as a large letter. I measured my Ooshies and the smallest is 25mm wide, up to 35mm, too big to send as a large letter. So 1 Ooshie would be a parcel. I imagine these sellers are sending their Ooshies in an envelope with 2 stamps. I bet Australia Post hate that, as things bigger than 2cm can get caught in their sorting machines. How do people get away with this? As a rule I don't send anything thicker than 18mm as a large letter. Anyone else selling Ooshies???
Message 1 of 130
Latest reply
129 REPLIES 129

Posting OOSHIES

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

If there are any listed for that price, maybe the sellers have just done it to attract attention to their other listings. Smiley Wink

Yep, and a lot that are way more pricey as well brer............

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=woolworths+ooshies&_sacat=0&_sop=16

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 130
Latest reply

Posting OOSHIES

I just read a news article saying there are now copies of them. It's not surprising that someone would start making them if people go so crazy over them. I'd imagine the Chinese would churn them out pretty cheaply.

I love all the 'ultra rare' listings. They're so ultra rare that there are only thousands of them. The two people 'think' are rare are the same two I got tonight - the only ones I've ever had.
Message 12 of 130
Latest reply

Posting OOSHIES

They wanted bank deposit for one of the $5,000 furry Simbas. It's probably a fake copy and they know the buyer would get a refund through paypal.

Interesting the number of sellers with 0 feedback! That's probably why so many are $5,000 (new seller limits).
Message 13 of 130
Latest reply

Posting OOSHIES

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

I just read a news article saying there are now copies of them. It's not surprising that someone would start making them if people go so crazy over them. 

"Goochi Ooshies" maybe brer ?    true.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 130
Latest reply

Posting OOSHIES

There's a market out there for anything and everything as long as a famous person endorses it.

Make an ooshie that smells of perfume get a famous person and bob's ur uncle lol.

I'm off to patent this so back off I thought of it first hahaha

Message 15 of 130
Latest reply

Posting OOSHIES

@countessalmirena wrote:

I despair over the amount of plastic being produced for frankly ridiculous things.

I'm kinda mystified at the appeal of the little shop stuff, tbh. And bemused at what they've done for round two (as far as I know last time it was the product replicas and display case, this time they have a trolley, shopping basket, cash register and grocery bag you can buy as well Smiley Frustrated ).

Reminds me of one of the earlier episodes of Futurama, where a big pile of trash that was lauhched into space is now hurtling back to obliterate New York, so the team is tasked with going to destroy it (a la Armageddon).

They land on the surface of the garbage ball, and this exchange happens:

Leela: Look at all this filth.

Fry: It's not filth. It's a glorious monument to the achievements of the 20th century. Look! A real Beanie Baby. Oh! A Mr. Spock collector's plate! Some Bart Simpson dolls!

Leela: Fry, this stuff was garbage when it was new. Let's blow it up already!

Fry: This junk isn't garbage! I can dig in any random pile and find something great.

Message 16 of 130
Latest reply

Posting OOSHIES

Posting OOSHIES

The sad thing is, to all the people who didn't get the point, the perceived value of that particular glob of plastic has now just risen because there's one less. Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 130
Latest reply

Posting OOSHIES

You'd think kids have no other toys if these are so popular. I have to wonder how long before they get sick of them and they get tossed out - after all the fuss they make to get them.

As a marketing ploy it obviously works. I'm wondering what I can give away with every $30 purchase...

@ digi, don't worry, there are apparently plenty of fakes to replace that one.  I actually hope there are LOTS of fakes because it might put an end to the stupidity.  If there are only 100 furry Simbas, how come there are soooo many full sets for sale on ebay?  One seller had already sold 31 sets so they're obviously fake.

Message 19 of 130
Latest reply

Posting OOSHIES

It definately isn't about the kids (not the little kids anyway) haha

Message 20 of 130
Latest reply