Selling
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Buyer emailed me directly

HiI’ve recently had a buyer email me directly an hour after a purchase. They sent it straight to me personal email, not through eBay.Has anyone had this happen before or have a suggestion as to how on earth they got my email address?Both eBay and Pay...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 23 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Super Sunday Promo

The items I listed for the 24 hour Promo are coming off my 40 free listings. Do I still get the Promo offer for these? Thank you Patricia.

PayPal payment without an account

After 18 years eBaying I thought I'd experienced everything but have just had a new curveball! I had a newish/inexperienced buyer last night pay for an item via PayPal and then contact me to say that they'd checked out with the wrong address, so coul...

Resolved! Showing different postage for different countries

I currently sell vinyl records to local and overseas buyers. My practice has been to show a standard postage rate ($21) fdor all overseas sales. Most Europeran countries attract this rate, however there are some (e.g. Austria and Greece which cost mo...

Observations....

Auction format only: We’re noticing a tendency, although not outstandingly conclusive, for watchers to ‘stick to’ a listing more so on the 7 day format, than the 10, and ultimately buy. There also appears more interest in listings with just a few day...

Not my photo???

Just listed a new item.....uploaded photos (12).....but on checking item was listed, someone else's gallery photo was where mine should have been.....the other 11 were ok?? I revised and fixed it but now think I should check ALL my listings. I did a ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Rip-off Merchants

“Rip-off merchents. I can get the ezact same XXXX from Armerica for $22 less.” And that’s exactly how the spelling went But, just to amuse myself, I did some checking and wow!! He sure can. $22 less exactly - in USD. Haha! Postage was $46 and that’s ...

Not only No Seller Advice - But Now No PayPal advice

Am sick of this.....have been putting up with no 'sold items' advice from eBay.....but now same issue with Paypal.....just got off the phone to Ebay...what a load of crock I was fed....fuming at the moment....anyone else?

• 12 replies
  • 1 Helpful

what do people do when someone is paying on pickup and is a few dollars short of the auction price

Hi everyone, today i had 2 people collect their auctions and fall short of the sold price by $2.20 & $1.80. Not large amounts, but very frustrating as to demand the correct money means arranging another pick up time and date. Never had this happen be...

• 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Complaint about a buyer

I am a seller on Ebay and I am havv ing some trouble with a buyer, this buyer has bee very rude to me and is now refusing to pay for some lights that he has bought from me. He has been very obnoxious in his messages and I don't think that anybody sho...

• 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Resolved! How can eBay charge for postage when they did nothing I did it all at the post office,

I was going to print out a postage label but did not and was not informed in anyway thatI was going to be charged. What really gets me is that I bouhgt the satchel wrote on it and sent itall at the post office and eBay want to take around $10 off me ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Have you got time, each month to check your listings to see if the photos are still there?

The Friday and the weekend before last, I spent about 30 hours going through all my 1450 listings and replacing the photos that eBay have lost, been hacked from eBay or whatever.. Then, today, I read this: From ecommerce bytes blog 24 July 2018. eBay...

Resolved! Copyright Question

I recently scheduled the listing of a rare but scuffed vinyl album. In my description I offered to include a CD-R copy of the record with all the surface noise removed. eBay sent me a message telling me that they had removed my listing because it inf...