Printed Postage Labels have changed

I have been printing my own Postage Labels for years. They were always in black. Yesterday I printed two, and they both have a red bar at the top and no longer do they have "signature required" printed on them. Scanning the barcode shows they do indeed have signature on delivery. No help at the Post Office, just wrong information as usual. I just wish they would admit they don't know instead of the usual totally wrong information.  I tried ringing Customer Service, but declined the 25 minute wait. Just wondering if anyone knows what the change means. I was wondering if the red bar indicates "signature on delivery" and that is why it is not written on the label anymore. Has anyone got any clues? I can't find any information on the Australia Post website.

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

At the risk of stating the obvious, maybe you just had your printer sent on "black only".

I have been using Aust Post labels for years too, and they are in red and black, unless I choose the save ink feature.

Message 2 of 35
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

At the risk of stating the obvious, maybe you just had your printer sent on "black only".

I have been using Aust Post labels for years too, and they are in red and black, unless I choose the save ink feature.

Settings are the default, so no way have I chosen to print in Black, I never ever do that. This would not explain the fact that "signature on delivery"  is no longer displayed. The labels show as red and black on the screen before printing, and only black prior to yesterday, I download all the labels as well and that is definitely how they are. All black until yesterday.6.jpg

Message 3 of 35
Latest reply

well we must be talking about different things,my label doesn't look anything like that.

Message 4 of 35
Latest reply

In MyPost labels the PDF file has a red banner for standard postage and a yellow banner for Express Post. If you have a black only printer the banner simply prints grey or black depending on your printer settings.

If you have a label printer and you have half tone set to NONE / ZERO the grey box outline and anything else formatted with a grey font will simply become white and invisible.

Change the Error Diffusion settings and grey formatting will print when you select Print in grayscale
Message 5 of 35
Latest reply

I assume you're using eBay labels? The My Post labels have always printed with red or yellow banners depending on the service, and the SOD option hasn't appeared on labels through there for a couple of years.

The reason for the removal was - according to Aus Post anyway - because some posties would spot the SOD requirement at the start of the day and not attempt delivery, just prefill and leave a card (for time). Now, they have to scan the package to see the delivery requirements, which isn't done until they are out and about. 

Message 6 of 35
Latest reply

We had an order requiring signature yesterday and it didn't print in the Delivery Feature box neither, so I hand wrote it and used a highlighter pen.

Technical glitch or 'enhancement' ?
Message 7 of 35
Latest reply

Addendum to above. Just went to print today's labels and MyPost label preferences have vanished again and portal requested to update, so a glitch looking more likely.
Message 8 of 35
Latest reply

Yes you're right, around 7-8 months now i can not see that sign on the printed labels when posting registered parcels, i don't know why Auspost needed to remove it but yeah i was told it only can be seen on hand-held devices and comp. screens when scanned by Auspost staff

Message 9 of 35
Latest reply

i've been printing australia post labels through MyPost now for over a year and in that time the "delivery features" have never had signature on delivery or extra cover written in. only time you can see what features you paid for on a particular label is viewing the invoice.

i assume you're talking about printing through ebay though. regardless, i'm pretty sure it tells the delivery driver what actions need to be taken when they scan it for delivery.
Message 10 of 35
Latest reply