Printed Postage Labels have changed

I have been printing my own Postage Labels for years. They were always in black. Yesterday I printed two, and they both have a red bar at the top and no longer do they have "signature required" printed on them. Scanning the barcode shows they do indeed have signature on delivery. No help at the Post Office, just wrong information as usual. I just wish they would admit they don't know instead of the usual totally wrong information.  I tried ringing Customer Service, but declined the 25 minute wait. Just wondering if anyone knows what the change means. I was wondering if the red bar indicates "signature on delivery" and that is why it is not written on the label anymore. Has anyone got any clues? I can't find any information on the Australia Post website.

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

@ilce wrote:

I have removed the ebay ID since the day it was introduced and I put it in the referance feild.

Where its originally put it just screws with the address centering especially if its a long address.

Never had a problem with how I do it.

I also take photos of every parcel I post as a backup but thats just my paranoia.

I only use Aust Post labels now too, but I haven't figured out how to remove the ebaygobble - is it simple to do?

Message 21 of 35
Latest reply

Pretty easy. Depends if you are hapy to edit your orders one at a time. 

Edit the order

1. Copy and cut the ebay ID off the 1st line

2. Paste it into the Referance field.

(I just overide the number in there. You can add it to the end of it if you want)

3. Copy the address from the 2nd line to the 1st line.

(At this point I also use the auto address checker to make sure they have a valid address)

4. Check everything else you want (eg tracking notifications,standard or express, box size)

5. Save

Message 22 of 35
Latest reply

Dang, I knew that, and have been doing so for some time.   I don't know what I was thinking, sorry.

Message 23 of 35
Latest reply

Even easier, just click on Turn on auto-complete and the address will appear (if the buyer has entered it correctly) and it will wipe out the eBay code.

That code I think allows Australia Post to track back the delivery to the item if ever there is an insurance / compensation claim for proof of value. We remove the code, item number and description from the label so prying eyes cannot trace the contents.
Message 24 of 35
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

I assume you're using eBay labels? The My Post labels have always printed with red or yellow banners depending on the service, and the SOD option hasn't appeared on labels through there for a couple of years.

The reason for the removal was - according to Aus Post anyway - because some posties would spot the SOD requirement at the start of the day and not attempt delivery, just prefill and leave a card (for time). Now, they have to scan the package to see the delivery requirements, which isn't done until they are out and about. 

This all sounds very strange to me. I print my labels via eBay, they have always been only in black until recently. It comes in a PDF file which I download. I cannot change the all black labels in the PDF to contain colour. I could print the ones with the red bar in black if I chose to, but I do not. They appear in the PDF file with the red bar and are printed as such. I receive many parcels with the same type of label,  (just black) got one in the mail today. I find it difficult to believe that others are printing different labels via eBay than I am. This just doesn't make any sense.

Message 25 of 35
Latest reply

@khulu74 wrote:

Yes you're right, around 7-8 months now i can not see that sign on the printed labels when posting registered parcels, i don't know why Auspost needed to remove it but yeah i was told it only can be seen on hand-held devices and comp. screens when scanned by Auspost staff

The label I printed on September 9th 2020 had the usual "signature on delivery" on it.

Message 26 of 35
Latest reply

Maybe they don't like wasting expensive colour ink.

I print in grey-scale, using only the black cartridge.

Message 27 of 35
Latest reply

@ilce wrote:

Pretty easy. Depends if you are hapy to edit your orders one at a time. 

Edit the order

1. Copy and cut the ebay ID off the 1st line

2. Paste it into the Referance field.

(I just overide the number in there. You can add it to the end of it if you want)

3. Copy the address from the 2nd line to the 1st line.

(At this point I also use the auto address checker to make sure they have a valid address)

4. Check everything else you want (eg tracking notifications,standard or express, box size)

5. Save

The easier way is set up a my post business account turn on ebay integration on in the settings what that does is talk to ebay and grabs orders and pre fill the my post side and there no ebay **bleep** on the labels so no cutting and pasting etc and will send the tracking number back as well.   Also depending on your rate of sending you may find your postage costs also drop using the AUS POST site rather than ebay 

Message 28 of 35
Latest reply

The easier way is set up a my post business account turn on ebay integration on in the settings what that does is talk to ebay and grabs orders and pre fill the my post side and there no ebay **bleep** on the labels so no cutting and pasting etc and will send the tracking number back as well.   Also depending on your rate of sending you may find your postage costs also drop using the AUS POST site rather than ebay 

Well that is not true in my case- I do use the mypost business site and import ebay orders, and it brings the ebaygobble in the address.   I have to edit it every time.

Message 29 of 35
Latest reply

"The easier way is set up a my post business account turn on ebay integration on in the settings what that does is talk to ebay and grabs orders and pre fill the my post side and there no ebay **bleep** on the labels so no cutting and pasting etc and will send the tracking number back as well.""

Uhmmm, I am doing that and no you still get ebay's ID which you have to manually remove or move. 

Message 30 of 35
Latest reply