Problems with Fastway Couriers

barnett.australia.collection
Community Member
Delivery of items bought under the eBay banner is a vital part of the eBay experience for both buyer and seller – yet remains mostly out of the control of either. Is anyone else having problems with Fastway Couriers, or any other couriers? We have recently had a refusal to deliver to the designated address and the parcel was posted by the Fastway local agent only to end up at the post office who also refused to deliver requiring the receiver to go the PO, sign for the parcel and pick it up themselves. All this despite delivery being paid door to door.
Message 1 of 323
Latest reply
322 REPLIES 322

Re: Problems with Fastway Couriers

So a bit of a fun story...

I was getting hatching eggs, had them in my incubator, the automatic turner broke, so I purchased another incubator on ebay on the 5th of october...

The item was supposed to arrive october 11, for click and collect....it never arrived at the place i was supposed to pick it up.

october 19, I message the seller, they tell me they are using fastway couiers, that the item may have been lost, will send me a new one..

Okay...that's fine, at this point my chickens have already hatched, but I figured I'll need a new incubator in future anyhow....wait for my package (they are going to send it to my house this time)....stay home on the day it should arrive....nothing...this is around october 30, they say it should take 4-6 days.

November 4, the seller messages me to tell me the item was not resent correctly...could they issue a refund...At this point ive got my hands full with 17 baby chickens who are raising hell, so i am not even thinking about the incubator...but  a whole month later i reply asking for that refund...

they tell me to check fastway....fastway tells me they have lost my package (that's twice now I think)....so i tell the seller that...

The seller then proceeds to try to tell me that the package has only been DELAYED....by now it is december 15....told them again, no, the item has been lost....please give me my refund.

The seller tells me no! Not delayed, we'll send you a new one....I tell them no....i want a REFUND, as the chickens I was trying to hatch are now almost old enough to lay freaking eggs themselves...

I know this is not the seller's fault, but how the hell do you lose a huge-ass incubator TWICE....

Message 201 of 323
Latest reply

I have had nothing but trouble with this company. Items never get delivered, usually comes up with no one home, failed delivery. Even when there is someone home. Today I watched our local driver dither around the local area via the GPS tracking, then about 200m from my house, he stopped and next thing I see my parcel is marked as a failed delivery. Of course no card left because he never came to my property. I am assuming they get extra for redelivery. I have complained via their call centre but it’s off shore and they do nothing. This has happened with every parcel I get through them. They have terrible reviews and yet they survive. I dread when an item I have purchased comes up as fastway. I’m at a loss on who to complain to so something is done.

Message 202 of 323
Latest reply

My last parcel took 22 days from Melbourne to Perth, same time for the one before from Brisbane.  Fastway just sends 'we are lookig into it' emails but tells you nothing else. When the driver pulled up at my place he took ages to find the parcel in his van.

Ordered an item on ebay last night - after I paid for it I notice in the order details it was coming via ebay Fastway.  First time I realized ebay was involved. Next order Iplace, I will ask first and if they are using Fastway, I will order elsewhere.

Slowway, I'd say.  Fastway - NO way!

Message 203 of 323
Latest reply

eBay isn't involved. They offer sellers a variety of couriers to choose from. It's entirely up to the seller how they post, and up to buyers to note how something will be sent.

Message 204 of 323
Latest reply

The problem we have is very few sellers declare in their listings who they use to courier their items. I am now going to message the seller before I purchase to find out who they use. If it's fastway, I'll purchase elsewhere. In the end it becomes onerous, so I may stop using eBay. So if I'm not the only one to feel this way, it would be in eBay's interest to pay attention.

Message 205 of 323
Latest reply

In my experience there are very few sellers using Fastway.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 206 of 323
Latest reply

Unfortunately about 30% of the sellers I buy from use fastway. The latest seller who was very sympathetic and who has made a formal complaint to the company, said they use them for all their sydney/melbourne sales. This is a seller of 73k+ feedback.

Message 207 of 323
Latest reply

rabcn
Community Member
I’ve been waiting over 2 weeks for 2 different items to arrive from Sydney and Brisbane.
After some digging today I’ve found out that both arrived at the Adelaide depot over 10 days ago, but we’re both automatically returned to sender because the Adelaide depot doesn’t deliver to my street because it’s on the wrong side of the creek, which adds 1.5km on to the route from where the crow flies!!
Instead of contacting me by email or text, asking if I can collect from depot, they simply RTS!!
Called them today only to be told it’s policy and the sender needs to pay extra....then she hung up on me 😡
I agree with recent posts, ask sellers before we buy and shop elsewhere if they use fastaway!!!!
Message 208 of 323
Latest reply

I agree with recent posts, ask sellers before we buy and shop elsewhere if they use fastaway!!!!

All fine and dandy, but.............

I just bought from a Chinese registered seller.

I didn't believe the item was in Sydney (who does, right?)

Tracking shows it's with Fastway   horror smiley.gif

Message 209 of 323
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

All fine and dandy, but.............

I just bought from a Chinese registered seller.

I didn't believe the item was in Sydney (who does, right?)

Tracking shows it's with Fastway   horror smiley.gif

Ditto, only I was buying from one of my Chinese wholesalers and the items were definitely over there. I chose one of their cheapest shipping methods as it was a small, non-urgent order, and should have been sent via UBI

Next thing you know I got a Fastway tracking number - it seems to be something similar to the UBI line postage system, near as I can tell, as mine took several days for the package to actually be received by Fastway, I think - i.e. purchased on the 13th, Fastway number provided on the 17th, received by Fastway on the 21st, which is about how long stuff takes to get in Oz if through the UBI line. Latest update was yesterday, but...

The thing that has me a bit perturbed, though, is that the tracking history could also be interpreted as the parcel being lodged in Sydney, then sent to Tamworth ? I don't know how or why it is up there Smiley Frustrated

Message 210 of 323
Latest reply