Problems with Fastway Couriers

barnett.australia.collection
Community Member
Delivery of items bought under the eBay banner is a vital part of the eBay experience for both buyer and seller – yet remains mostly out of the control of either. Is anyone else having problems with Fastway Couriers, or any other couriers? We have recently had a refusal to deliver to the designated address and the parcel was posted by the Fastway local agent only to end up at the post office who also refused to deliver requiring the receiver to go the PO, sign for the parcel and pick it up themselves. All this despite delivery being paid door to door.
Message 1 of 323
Latest reply
322 REPLIES 322

Re: Problems with Fastway Couriers

Hmmmm.   Yeah, I paid on 17th and received by Fastway on 21st.

No movement though.

I sure hope they leave a card this time.  They never have, so far.  Just a message through

the tracking that it's been left at the Parcel Point.

I have a Parcel Point just up the road aways - I could walk it.

But no....they always leave it 2 suburbs away, and I have to get someone to pick it up for me.

Message 211 of 323
Latest reply

I have had enough of this rort of a company known as Fastaway couriers. Can never find where my parcels are? Constantly say delivered to my house. Guess what no parcels at my house. People need to stop using them as a courier company. No compensation for the items I never received. Seller did reimburse. What about the fact I cannot get what I actually ordered. I have had enough.
Message 212 of 323
Latest reply

That is exactly the situation I am trying to site out now.
Message 213 of 323
Latest reply

My parcel tracking reads "Your parcel has been lodged with Fastway" Well it's been like that for 5 days. When does is move to being in transit?

Message 214 of 323
Latest reply

Wheever it gets scanned again.   It may well be when it is deivered to you.

Message 215 of 323
Latest reply

@red-and-sparkly wrote:

My parcel tracking reads "Your parcel has been lodged with Fastway" Well it's been like that for 5 days. When does is move to being in transit?

I had two orders earlier in the year that were "lodged with Fastway" for 4-5 days , then appeared in Tamworth and sat there for another 4 days, then started moving on their way to me. I've also recently had two other orders sent through Fastway from interstate, that were delivered the day after they were lodged (picked-up). 

I believe "lodged with Fastway" might actually just the label creation stage and no parcel has been handed over at that point - both times the status said "Sydney", but I see no sense in a parcel being lodged in Sydney, then travelling to Tamworth before going to Adelaide, but then again, I see no sense in the parcels being in Tamworth at all - both of these purchases were made from a Chinese wholesaler I buy from regularly, and the items in question 100% came from China, with the tracking number being provided to me as soon as they dispatched the orders, so in my case that initial 4-5 days was the item travelling from China to Australia. 

This postage method was used when I selected UBI line as the postage option, which in the past always meant Australia Post delivered the package once it arrived in Aus, but now that Fastway has gotten involved I might have to avoid it from here on in. 

Anyway, I thought I'd mention it, since it might be something similar with your package - double-check where your seller is registered (it should show on the profile page). If they are registered in China, there's a good chance the item is coming from there, and the package will start moving once it arrives in Aus. If they are registered in Australia, contact the seller and ask them to look into it. 

Message 216 of 323
Latest reply

Exactly the same senario with me I ordered  stationary from a Sydney based company (based in China ???)  items were picked up and went missing in Tamworth ( im located in Melbourne ! ) called Fastway several times, had a tracking number  but couldnt give me any info were the items were said contact your seller so figured it was some doggy practice and opened a INR

Message 217 of 323
Latest reply

Agreed
Message 218 of 323
Latest reply

I ordered an item on March 20. Received an email on 21st saying it's on its way. 8 days later (March 29), it still has not arrived. eBay listing gives location as Glen Iris (inner eastern suburban Melbourne). I'm in West Footscray (inner western suburban Melbourne). I could WALK that distance in a day if my muscles would stand up to it, and it would be less than an hour to drive.

Fastway Couriers - what an abysmally poor choice for a company name to have Fast in it when in reality it is the exact opposite, especially considering that the eBay listing gives the delivery service as Express. I have had trouble with Fastway Couriers in the past. They will sometimes not deliver to a suburb if it is not in their zone, and at other times they have simply refused to deliver to a Post Office box. I am getting to the point where I will refuse to buy anything from sellers who use Fastway Couriers as the delivery method. Their regard for the customer is woeful, and it appears to have been that way since they started and hasn't improved since.

Message 219 of 323
Latest reply

To be fair.....NO courier company can deliver to a Post Office Box unless the company pays a surcharge to do so.   Would you be happy to pay $16 extra to have it delivered to your PO Box?

The only courier who can deliver to a PO Box is StarTrack which is owned by AP.

Message 220 of 323
Latest reply