Problems with Fastway Couriers

barnett.australia.collection
Community Member
Delivery of items bought under the eBay banner is a vital part of the eBay experience for both buyer and seller – yet remains mostly out of the control of either. Is anyone else having problems with Fastway Couriers, or any other couriers? We have recently had a refusal to deliver to the designated address and the parcel was posted by the Fastway local agent only to end up at the post office who also refused to deliver requiring the receiver to go the PO, sign for the parcel and pick it up themselves. All this despite delivery being paid door to door.
Message 1 of 323
Latest reply
322 REPLIES 322

my latest problem with fastway. sender uses fastway and provides tracking. fastway picks it up. i wait one week, tracking details dont update within that week so i call. get told its been passed to their 'agent'. a little more digging, turns out their 'agent' is au post. im provided with a au post tracking number. using the au post tracking number it turns out that fastway collected the parcel, then 1 day later puts in shipping info to au post. 7 days later the au post tracking number showed as in transit. so it took them 7 days to get it to au post. im still waiting with another 4 day delivery time. total 3 weeks. not happy

Message 41 of 323
Latest reply

Smiley LOL  Just proves what a lot of us are saying....couriers are not for everyone.  They just don't deliver everywhere as AP does.

May I ask where you are located?  Are you in a rural or regional area?

Message 42 of 323
Latest reply

They are the  S L O W E S T courier ever and their tracking system shows 'picked up' and then nothing for days. I had one delivery that lay around in one of their depots for days. They say they left a card....   they didnt. Calls to their 'Call Centre' got promises of delivery the next day that were never fulfilled. I eventually looked up the email address of their CEO and emailed him directly and complained and explained my situation.

To his credit, he called me and was apologetic and sorted it out.  I got my item at 7pm that day.

Message 43 of 323
Latest reply

When I had a problem with a delivery last year I rang the call centre very early in the morning where I spoke to a very nice gentleman who promised to follow it up.

I did not expect too much after my previous dealings with them but was delighted to get several phone calls over the course of the day and my parcel was delivered late in the afternoon.   A while later I received a call from the call centre just checking that I had my item.

I expressed my delight with the service and was told that things tend to get sorted when the big boss happens to answer the phone early in the morning.

I must admit they have improved a lot lately.  Now that they will allow an item to be Safe Dropped it has stopped a lot of the problems with items being left at delivery points several suburbs away from where I live.

Message 44 of 323
Latest reply

My fastway guy never leaves cards, tears the label numbers off so the guys at the depot cannot find it. Forges signatures of goods. and he delivers in the Albion area of Brisbane.

Message 45 of 323
Latest reply

I'm sure the OP really cares after the 7 YEARS since he started this thread.

I'm also sure your Fastway tent support would be interested in you naming and shaming him on a public board.

Message 46 of 323
Latest reply

Don't know what you are all worried about.

I can't find fault with them.

I had an email yesterday from Fastway - telling me my item has been delivered.

Yep - it was on the 5th December.

Right on the ball.

Message 47 of 323
Latest reply

Fastway haven't changed since last post over a year ag0, they still give terrible service. I would advise that you DO NOT USE FASTWAY if you want your goods to be delivered on time and safely.
Message 48 of 323
Latest reply

Fastway - 3 weeks from Geelong to Perth. Never again. They are a joke.
Message 49 of 323
Latest reply

original post -

4-01-2010 08:56 PM

This is neither recent nor eBay news.

Message 50 of 323
Latest reply