Problems with Fastway Couriers

barnett.australia.collection
Community Member
Delivery of items bought under the eBay banner is a vital part of the eBay experience for both buyer and seller – yet remains mostly out of the control of either. Is anyone else having problems with Fastway Couriers, or any other couriers? We have recently had a refusal to deliver to the designated address and the parcel was posted by the Fastway local agent only to end up at the post office who also refused to deliver requiring the receiver to go the PO, sign for the parcel and pick it up themselves. All this despite delivery being paid door to door.
Message 1 of 323
Latest reply
322 REPLIES 322

i am waiting for a delivery from a company that has chosen Fastway as their courier, a tracking number was received very quickly, then the usual wait while it was sent from Melbourne to Sydney. three days later (7am) the tracker advised the item was "on board for delivery". I have now waited a further 4 days and still nothing.

I used the on line system to view the drivers run schedule, he was supposed to be in my area around 3pm each day, today I wated until 4.30 before I used the on line system to obtain his direct number, fine it was available for contact. I called the number only to have it ring out twice. I waited 15 minutes and called again, this time I am informed the number is not accepting incomming calls.

I tried calling the depot only to be put on hold for 20 minutes then instead of being answered, the call was diverted and then hung up without talking.........am I **bleep**?  No, my next call will be to my supplier cancelling all outstanding orders. I often have sales staff visit and offer their products. My next supplier will not use Fastway

Status

Date/Time
Franchise location

Your parcel was picked up.

17/02/2017

14:56:50

Melbourne

Your parcel is currently in transit between our 'Melbourne' and 'Sydney' depots.

17/02/2017

16:33:44

Melbourne

Onboard - your parcel is ready for delivery.

20/02/2017

07:14:27

Sydney

Message 51 of 323
Latest reply

original post -

4-01-2010 08:56 PM

This is neither recent nor eBay news.

If the item was marked onboard on 20 Feb, how is 22 Feb 4 days later. If you want to vent on a zombie thread, at least learn how to count. Given that 17 Feb was last Friday, you have so far waited a whole THREE working days. Really?????

Message 52 of 323
Latest reply

Three working days from Melbourne to Sydney?

You will be hard pressed to find any other delivery service, courier or Australia Post, who will guarantee to do it any quicker.

Message 53 of 323
Latest reply

Two experiences with Fastway and both terrible. 

I very much doubt they even tried to deliver both items. My wife was home all day.

The first item was held up and after being 2 weeks late we finally received a card saying they had tried to drop off but no one was home (which is a blatant lie).

The second item we didn't even receive a card. We contacted Fastway and they said they'll come back in 2 business days. 5 business days later they say they have lost the item. Two weeks later we get a card out of the blue that the item has been found. I've already cancelled and had a refund.

Why are sellers using these clowns? They lose stuff. Their customer service is woeful. I'm now having to work out which sellers are using Fastway (as I won't buy from them).

eBay should ban this courier.

Message 54 of 323
Latest reply

It is not ebay's job to decide which delivery method/company a seller can use.

Fastway couriers are not exclusive to ebay...they are a public company and can be used by anyone who wants items delivered.

I doubt that you will find any seller wo state what courier company they use...."courier" is about the only indication given that they are not using Australia Post.

It is far more worrying when a seller states they use AP and then send a small light item by courier.   I am now up to my 3rd attempted delivery for an item supposed to have been delivered on Monday.

Message 55 of 323
Latest reply

My experience with fastway

Day 1 --> parcel expected. Driver came and left. no door bell. no knocking. didn't even left calling card. I was at home.
Day 2 --> I followed up with the company. I was advised that they already tried to deliver it. Reschedule for delivery
Day 3 --> Driver came again. no knock. just left calling card. I had 2 persons waiting in home for the delivery.
Day 4 --> I called to inquire about the parcel. They told another delivery was attempted. The agent then promised to get it delivery the next day.
Day 5 --> No delivery attemps. I called the same day. I was advised the delivery was missed. Will be delivered the next day.
Day 6 --> Same thing.I was advised the delivery was missed. Will be delivered the next day.
Day 7 --> Again. I was told the driver didn't pick up the parcel from the warehouse. So missded delivery again. They promissed to make the delivery the next day.

And I'm still counting the days. But no delivery. Same promise.
If I could drive and pick it up from their office, I would have just drove to the store and bought the item.

Message 56 of 323
Latest reply

This thread is years old.

It is also not related to either eBay or News.

It's old and decrepit. Let it rest.

Message 57 of 323
Latest reply

Do you realise every time you post a comment on here complaining about people dragging up an old thread, you're dragging up an old thread?

I too have had mostly bad experiences with Fastway Couriers...kind of a relief to read all the stories others have posted on here and know it's not just me.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 58 of 323
Latest reply

I'm bumping it by a few hours, not months or years. A matter of degree, which impacts on relevance.

Message 59 of 323
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I'm bumping it by a few hours, not months or years. A matter of degree, which impacts on relevance.

I can see you're a person who values facts, Dave, so FYI I've tabulated your first five replies on page two, in the format of who you replied to and their posting time, followed by your name and posting time, and an approximation of the time elapsed between their post and your admonishment of them dragging up an old thread.

As you can see, it's usually a lot more than a few hours...

tjae777 10-26-2015 12:45 PM
davewil1964 10-30-2015 11:58 PM
4 days

cjmn1957 11-26-2015 07:12 PM
davewil1964 11-28-2015 12:28 AM
2 days

erg-auto-electrical-wholesalers 02-24-2016 08:55 AM
davewil1964 02-26-2016 07:16 PM
2 days

lyndal1838 03-24-2016 07:50 PM
daveco1968 04-20-2016 09:14 PM
27 days

hillend77 06-21-2016 08:27 AM
davewil1964 07-02-2016 12:51 PM
11 days

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 60 of 323
Latest reply