Problems with Fastway Couriers

barnett.australia.collection
Community Member
Delivery of items bought under the eBay banner is a vital part of the eBay experience for both buyer and seller – yet remains mostly out of the control of either. Is anyone else having problems with Fastway Couriers, or any other couriers? We have recently had a refusal to deliver to the designated address and the parcel was posted by the Fastway local agent only to end up at the post office who also refused to deliver requiring the receiver to go the PO, sign for the parcel and pick it up themselves. All this despite delivery being paid door to door.
Message 1 of 323
Latest reply
322 REPLIES 322

@tazzieterror wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

I'm bumping it by a few hours, not months or years. A matter of degree, which impacts on relevance.

I can see you're a person who values facts, Dave, so FYI I've tabulated your first five replies on page two, in the format of who you replied to and their posting time, followed by your name and posting time, and an approximation of the time elapsed between their post and your admonishment of them dragging up an old thread.

As you can see, it's usually a lot more than a few hours...

lyndal1838 03-24-2016 07:50 PM
daveco1968 04-20-2016 09:14 PM
27 days

If you want to take issue with Dave, at least get your information correct..... davco1968 was not replying to me but posting a completely new post after 27 days.  If he was using a phone he can only reply to the previous post.

Davewil only uses the one ID on the boards.

Does it really matter how long anyone takes to answer on a thread?

Message 61 of 323
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

If you want to take issue with Dave, at least get your information correct..... davco1968 was not replying to me but posting a completely new post after 27 days.  If he was using a phone he can only reply to the previous post.

Davewil only uses the one ID on the boards.

Does it really matter how long anyone takes to answer on a thread?

LOL - thanks for pointing that out, Lyndal - I'd simply searched for "dav" on the second page and copy/pasted...apologies to davco1968!

No it doesn't matter how long anyone takes to answer on a thread, but davewil posting a reply several days after another user to simply complain about that user posting a reply on an old thread it just too ironic to ignore.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 62 of 323
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

I'm bumping it by a few hours, not months or years. A matter of degree, which impacts on relevance.

I can see you're a person who values facts, Dave, so FYI I've tabulated your first five replies on page two, in the format of who you replied to and their posting time, followed by your name and posting time, and an approximation of the time elapsed between their post and your admonishment of them dragging up an old thread.

As you can see, it's usually a lot more than a few hours...

and I can see why you selectively chose to only look at Davies first 5 4 posts on this thread.

dave's posts that alert members to the age of the thread then include the next two within 24 hrs of it being bumped, then 56 minutes, then < 2 hrs, and most recently 6 minutes.

This means you used 4 out 9 of dave's posts that commented on the age of the thread in your post. On the balance of numbers I'd side with dave in his position that his bumps were made promptly after the thread was bumped, and certainly quicker as the thread gets older.

Let's not forget that this thread was posted in the Recent eBay News board despite not being eBay News, and now more than 7 years later it hardly qualifies as recent.

Considering that this thread is on a board that rarely gets visited, dave's posts do not impact on the bumping of the thread except to maybe alert potential posters to the age of the thread.

If you have recently had a bad experience with fastway couriers then start a new tread on the Buying discussion board and include a link to this thread to point out that, in your eyes, things have not changed, but ask members to not post on that old thread (that's what I do when I post a link to an old thread as it prevents old threads from being bumped).

Message 63 of 323
Latest reply

*** dave's not Davies *** - stupid iPad spell check.

While here I will point out the following by way of a screengrab:

IMG_0325.JPG

This thread is not relevant to this board . . . . . and has not been for  7  years and  4.5   months.

Message 64 of 323
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

and I can see why you selectively chose to only look at Davies first 5 4 posts on this thread.

dave's posts that alert members to the age of the thread then include the next two within 24 hrs of it being bumped, then 56 minutes, then < 2 hrs, and most recently 6 minutes.

Yes, I selected 5 4 examples that contradicted his statement about posting within a couple of hours - that's the point.

Lets agree then that including the additional posts you list, 3 of Dave's posts are within "a few hours" as he claimed, 6 are made beyond that period, and of those 6, 4 are measured in days.

That people are dragging up an old thread, that davewil takes issue with that, that I've decided to comment on that, that this thread isn't even in the right place...none of this is of any real consequence in the grand scheme of the universe.  I only bothered to bring it because when reading through the thread, the only contributions davewil seems to have made are to criticise others who have contributed something that is at least relevant to the topic, even if it is in an old thread that's in the wrong place.

Message 65 of 323
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:

. . . . none of this is of any real consequence in the grand scheme of the universe. I only bothered to bring it because when reading through the thread, the only contributions davewil seems to have made are to criticise others who have contributed something that is at least relevant to the topic, even if it is in an old thread that's in the wrong place.

so you only bumped twice posted twice to have a go at dave?

Even though you acknowledge that the thread is old and in the wrong place?

If if you feel strongly about Fastway, and have anything worth reading about them, then start a new thread on the buying board.  Then, if dave does reply, you can have another go.

Message 66 of 323
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@tazzieterror wrote:

. . . . none of this is of any real consequence in the grand scheme of the universe. I only bothered to bring it because when reading through the thread, the only contributions davewil seems to have made are to criticise others who have contributed something that is at least relevant to the topic, even if it is in an old thread that's in the wrong place.

so you only bumped twice posted twice to have a go at dave?

Even though you acknowledge that the thread is old and in the wrong place?

If if you feel strongly about Fastway, and have anything worth reading about them, then start a new thread on the buying board.  Then, if dave does reply, you can have another go.

Well if that were my reason I'm sure you'd be fine with it, since that seems to be the only motivation for your posts here today.

As it is, I found this thread because of an issue I recently had with Fastway (as mentioned in my first post); I commented on davewil's posts as well due to the ironic nature of their existance here.

Perhams these forums are different to others I've participated in, where a moderators can simply move a thread to the correct location should it be deemed posted in the wrong section?

Regardless, I'm not particularly bothered by it's location in the forum - a search on google originally brought me here, the posts here were informative, and the ongoing objections expressed by others to those periodically reviving the discussion have proven a source of amusement.  Thank you, k1ooo, for prolonging the fun.

Message 67 of 323
Latest reply

you have got to be a Fastway employee. I can tell you nothing has changed, the drivers still hold items in their vehicles sometimes for a week or more. They refuse to amswer their mobile phone and if you persit calling they turn it off. No use calling the depot, will not answer on hold call, Sometimes they lift the receiver and put it back down to put you back  at the end of the call list.  When the item finally arrived (after threats to the poor seller} the driver had no explanation, just shrugged his shoulders and said I should be thankful he was delivering it. I will only deal with sellers who do not use Fastway

Message 68 of 323
Latest reply

Even if she was (doubtful) she may well have retired in the 4 years since she posted that remark.

Edit: 9 minutes. Is that okay tazzie?

Message 69 of 323
Latest reply

@my_scape wrote:

you have got to be a Fastway employee. I can tell you nothing has changed, the drivers still hold items in their vehicles sometimes for a week or more. They refuse to amswer their mobile phone and if you persit calling they turn it off. No use calling the depot, will not answer on hold call, Sometimes they lift the receiver and put it back down to put you back  at the end of the call list.  When the item finally arrived (after threats to the poor seller} the driver had no explanation, just shrugged his shoulders and said I should be thankful he was delivering it. I will only deal with sellers who do not use Fastway

so start a thread on the buying boards and let everyone know this important information.

Message 70 of 323
Latest reply