Sending offer to buyer -am I only allowed to send to the ones Ebay suggests? What Is their criteria?

When I open up Ebay three or so items are listed as being suitable to send an ofer to Watchers. 

Are these the only ones I'm allowed to send to?  If so, what is Ebay's criteria? 

If not where do I go to send an offer re other items? 

And why can't ever find the answer to my questions in the Seller Centre!

Thank you everyone, again

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Sending offer to buyer -am I only allowed to send to the ones Ebay suggests? What Is their criteria?

Hi.

Only the listings with watchers can be sent an offer. I have no idea what the criteria ebay has set as I when I click on my listings with watchers only, some that have been listed for the same amount of time are unable to be sent offers while others can. I have tried to figure out what the difference is but it has me confused. Have sent offers a few times on eligible items with no luck so have not bothered for a while. What I sell is 75% of items not being watched anyway as I think watchers are like myself and put items on our watch lists for ideas etc. I used to have best offer on my listings but received so many low offers, I removed that option. Sorry I cannot be of more help to you. Someone might come along with the criteria and it would help us both. Have a great day:)

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

It's for stores:

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/stores#content-3

New Store Feature: Send Offers to Buyers

Throughout March and April 2019, a new 'Offer to buyers' feature in the Seller Hub will enable you send offers to specific buyers who are interested in your items. Buyers who receive the offer from you will be notified to take advantage of your offer while they can before the offer expires (valid for 48 hours), or the item is purchased by another buyer. We’re rolling out this feature to Seller Hub sellers in phases and we expect “Offer to buyers” to be available to all business sellers by April 2019.

To send an offer to buyers, go to your Active Listings page in Seller Hub. Select “Offer to buyers” and click “Eligible for offers.” After you send an offer, you’ll see “Offer sent” next to the listing. Be sure to view each page of your active listings to see all eligible listings.

Listing eligibility is determined by a number of factors, including age of listing, listing format, and rules that manage the number of offers buyers receive. We may expand the eligibility criteria over time.

The new Seller Hub feature helps create a better shopping experience, drive urgency, and ultimately increase conversion for you. We’re continually working to enhance this feature and our other Seller Hub features that can help you improve sales and target the right customers for you.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

No I'm not a store-owner

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Same experience here.  I used  to send out offers as soon as I could but I think most are just sellers checking you out or if a few are genuinely interested you can scare them off by looking too keen to sell. It's like fishing - wait and don't agitate the water. If you just reduce the price ebay notifies them anyway.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply