Problems with Fastway Couriers

barnett.australia.collection
Community Member
Delivery of items bought under the eBay banner is a vital part of the eBay experience for both buyer and seller – yet remains mostly out of the control of either. Is anyone else having problems with Fastway Couriers, or any other couriers? We have recently had a refusal to deliver to the designated address and the parcel was posted by the Fastway local agent only to end up at the post office who also refused to deliver requiring the receiver to go the PO, sign for the parcel and pick it up themselves. All this despite delivery being paid door to door.
Message 1 of 323
Latest reply
322 REPLIES 322

Don't you have anywhere you can instruct the drivers to Safe Drop?

I have always been able to have a courier redelivery left in the same spot that Australia Post safe drop my parcels.

Message 31 of 323
Latest reply

I just had side bars and side steps for my 4x4 sent from Melbourne to Mandurah with these guys and I had the best courier experience I've ever had. They arrived in less than a week.

Driver rang, I missed the call, but I rang back  and he offered  to go back to my place later in the day and drop my stuff off for me. He did as he said and texted me when he'd done it. You cant ask for more than that.

Message 32 of 323
Latest reply

My delivery is at thier depot (Launceston, Tas} bit when I whent to collect it was too hard for them to locate it and it wasn't delivered because they didn't have the time. Thier time taken to make this delivery is exactlly what my frieght charges paid for (Aust Consumer Law). Worst frieght company ever!

Message 33 of 323
Latest reply

Do not use this terrible company, they are the worst courier service I have ever dealt with. My Dell monitor left Sydney on the 6th June, arrived in Rockhampton on the 8th. They then sent it back to Sydney on the 14th as they didn't want to deliver west. It is now back in Sydney awaiting a proper courier. Fastway have absolutely no QOS, customers are just $ to them. Avoid at all costs...you have been warned!!!

Message 34 of 323
Latest reply

I'm sure barnett doesn't really care 6 and a half years later. Especially when it is 3 years since they were last on the boards at all.

Message 35 of 323
Latest reply

6 years later and Fastway still havent got it under control

Message 36 of 323
Latest reply

Well, I have a new one for you. Sent a parcel to myself from Melbourne to Brisbane. I packed it very well. Still got damaged from the drivers/handlers throwing it around. I even wrote "do not throw" many times on the box. Well, someone from fastway came and recovered it off me. Said they wanted to inspect it at the Brisbane Depot. That was roughly 9 weeks ago. It has bounced twice between Melbourne and Brisbane. I had to physically go to the Brisbane Depot to put a stop to it. Now I am waiting for it to arrive in Melbourne and come back to Brisbane again. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it has not been damaged further.  Because they use independent contractors the communication seems to be lacking between departments, states and drivers.

I say keep this thread open and keep the comments coming.

Message 37 of 323
Latest reply

I have to admit that I now have a good news story about Fastways.

I ordered some medical supplies from Brisbane late on Wednesday night.  I am in Sydney.  There was the option to authorise a safe drop delivery on the order form, which I did.

The package was picked up on Thursday morning and delivered to my safe drop location on Friday morning.

I have been doing these orders for 2 years now....every 3 months and they are definitely improving.  The last 3 deliveries have been virtually overnight using the safe drop option.

I can only assume that non ebay deliveries are better handled than ebay deliveries as I have still not had a good experience with deliveries from ebay sellers.

Message 38 of 323
Latest reply

You are obviously fantasising, Lyndal. Over the last SIX years we've had myriad (or several) complaints about Fastway, so how can you claim they do their job? Are you a mod?

Message 39 of 323
Latest reply

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

I am always the first to bag Fastways when they deserve it....and on every ebay purchase I have made where Fastways was used it has been well deserved.

In this case it was not an ebay purchase and I have nothing but praise.

The difference seems to be that non ebay deliveries have the option to safe drop enabled by the sender whereas ebay sellers are paranoid about their seller protection...to the detriment of best delivery practices.

I sometimes think ebay are their own worst enemy in so many ways.

Message 40 of 323
Latest reply