Problems with Fastway Couriers

barnett.australia.collection
Community Member
Delivery of items bought under the eBay banner is a vital part of the eBay experience for both buyer and seller – yet remains mostly out of the control of either. Is anyone else having problems with Fastway Couriers, or any other couriers? We have recently had a refusal to deliver to the designated address and the parcel was posted by the Fastway local agent only to end up at the post office who also refused to deliver requiring the receiver to go the PO, sign for the parcel and pick it up themselves. All this despite delivery being paid door to door.
Message 1 of 323
Latest reply
322 REPLIES 322

I hope, in vain, that people don't drag up many year old threads to add no value.

Message 21 of 323
Latest reply

I am afraid it is a vain hope Dave....I am receiving kudos on 4 and 5 year old threads which have been resurrected.Smiley Frustrated

Message 22 of 323
Latest reply

I have a current problem with Fastway. But one of many. Always delivers late. However I agree that it is not the seller at fault. Its Fastway. I have just escalated a late delivery to there Melbourne Head Office after 3 calls to a local franchise. Nothing has been sorted out. Hopefully I will have this delivery by Christmas. I am a seller as well as a buyer. I would never, as a seller, use this courier service.

Message 23 of 323
Latest reply

@cjmn1957 wrote:

I have a current problem with Fastway. But one of many. Always delivers late. However I agree that it is not the seller at fault. Its Fastway. I have just escalated a late delivery to there Melbourne Head Office after 3 calls to a local franchise. Nothing has been sorted out. Hopefully I will have this delivery by Christmas. I am a seller as well as a buyer. I would never, as a seller, use this courier service.

Maybe you should start a current thread, then, instead of bumping one that will soon have its SIXTH birthday. Regardless of your issues, the game has changed over those SIX YEARS.

And 'recent eBay News'  is not the correct venue.

Nor is eBay, frankly, as you well know. Maybe take it up with Fastway?

Message 24 of 323
Latest reply

Never send to an address unless it is a business address in a business district.

Call them first.

I imagine going out the back of some suburb to send a parcel that costs 15 for deliver would be a loss.

They have a map which shows you which areas they deliver, request it. I think it is also online

Message 25 of 323
Latest reply

OP asked the question in January 2010.

I very much suspect  they have resolved it by now, nor will see your reply.

Message 26 of 323
Latest reply

Old thread or not Fastway in Canberra are still **bleep**. I think that sellers should say who they are using. If I see they are using Fastway they will not get my business. Therin lies the folly of davewil1964's going with Jim Croce. The 6 year history of low cost couriers like Fastway is here to read and undeniable. They have not turned the corner (as someone suggested) and can't because their business model is obviously geared to poor service (and they deliver in spades) The old addage 'you get what you pay for' - cheap for the seller but pain for the buyer.

Message 27 of 323
Latest reply

This may be an old thread, with people grumbling about 'resurrecting old posts', but this thread should be kept alive because Fastway is increasingly worse than ever.

All anyone has to do is look up productreview.com.au and do a search for Fastway Couriers, where they'll find well over 1100 complaints and growing on an almost daily basis.

In the meantime,I would urge those who have had parcels permanently "lost' (read 'stolen) by a Fastway driver, to:

1 - report the matter to the police,

2 - report Fastway itself to Consumer Affairs (if you're not satisfied with their response to your complaint), and

3 - email your suppliers/sellers/whoever you purchase from and ask them to please STOP using Fastway and explain why, perhaps even advising them to look up the company's reputation on the Aussie Product Review site for themselves.

The more people who actually do something proactive like that, the sooner businesses like Fastway can be shut down.

The only reason businesses use them is because they're dirt cheap (and let's face it,you only get what you pay for), but using them leaves an ebay (or any other) business vulnerable to bad reviews and a whole host of unnecessary headaches, bickering and problems.

Message 28 of 323
Latest reply

@shalimarsway wrote:

In the meantime,I would urge those who have had parcels permanently "lost' (read 'stolen) by a Fastway driver, to:

1 - report the matter to the police,

The more people who actually do something proactive like that, the sooner businesses like Fastway can be shut down.

First, I hope you have absolute proof that the drivers are stealing parcels or you could find yourself on the receiving end of court action.

You do not report lost parcels to the police.....that is up to the company if they believe it has been stolen by anybody.

And before you suggest that they will cover up a theft by a driver, think again.   Most courier companies are the first to fire drivers who are even suspected of theft.....one theft and a driver is fired immediately.   That is industry standard.

And a business will not be shut down because of a few lost parcels...it happens in any business that handles large numbers of items, tranporting them from A to B.  Do you suggest that Australia Post should be closed down because I am sure they lose a lot more parcels than any courier company.

Message 29 of 323
Latest reply

First time they delivered, there was actually no one at my property. They sent me an SMS and I called to rebook delivery. Which failed even though someone was at my property all day AND I added access instruction which has not actually ever been needed for any other delivery company.

Another SMS as sent to me advising of the same info. No one onsite, calling card left in my letter box.

Quite angry at the situation, I contacted the call centre, yet again, and there is ALWAYS a minimum of a 10 min wait time. I finally got through to Cath, who was very helpful and agreed, after arguing and approval from her team leader, to waive the $5.50 redelivery fee.

Today was the redelivery date. my father was there all day. No one rang the door bell, no one knocked on the door. My neighbour was outside and he didn't speak with her. In fact, she told me that he didn't come near the door. he just wrote on the card and only got out of his van to put the calling card in the letter box.

From here I've had no help from their call centre agents because I'm at work and couldn't provide them with the tracking number. I've had no response to either of my two emails. Neil Qiao, their offsite contact doesn't answer his phone or reply to messages and to reply for delivery online will charge me $11.

I feel sorry for the people in their call centre who have to take complaints about their incompetent drivers. No wonder the agents are so frustrated and unhelp.

Now its a long weekend (4 days) and no one will be at my porperty during the day.

Conclusion: STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Message 30 of 323
Latest reply