Problems with postage payments

Yesterday, I had a buyer select Sendle at checkout. Then somehow they paid $2.50 for the service, rather than the advertised amount of $9.50. Of course, I went and checked the amounts displayed in the listing, and it was definitely set at $9.50. How the buyer managed to give himself a $7.00 discount is somewhat perplexing.

Then, just now I've sold another item and the buyer has selected Sendle at checkout. The amount set in the listing is $7.95. This time, the buyer has somehow managed to give herself a discount of $3.95, and only paid $4.00

I'm not really happy about my buyers being able to give themselves an unauthorised postage discount. Is this happening to anyone else? Is it just my listings? Is it just happening to the Sendle option? 

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your last couple of sales have been  ebay plus listings,  ebay plus buyers can upgrade to express post at a reduced cost  as set by ebay.  there are two amounts paid  $2.50 or $4.00 I think it relates to the value of the item.

Actually I think the buyer gets upgrade for free, and then ebay pays the seller the set amount, which is supposed to reflect the difference between standard and express post.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Your last couple of sales have been  ebay plus listings,  ebay plus buyers can upgrade to express post at a reduced cost  as set by ebay.  there are two amounts paid  $2.50 or $4.00 I think it relates to the value of the item.

Actually I think the buyer gets upgrade for free, and then ebay pays the seller the set amount, which is supposed to reflect the difference between standard and express post.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Gawd - you still use - Sendle.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

That's exactly what I was told in the live chat. However, my postcode isn't included in eBay plus. It's only available for metro deliveries, and Bathurst NSW certainly isn't metro. eBay in their wisdom slug me with a $10 surcharge for all Sendle labels because they say it's not metro, but in this instance I'm supposed to wear that $10 donation for this transaction, because I am metro now - guaranteed it will change again when it suits them).

In the latter transaction, the buyer selected Sendle (as per the sales record), yet it is fully greyed out as a label option. The CS agent tried telling me that buyers do not have any ability at all to select a postage method, and they just get whatever method that eBay settings default to. We all know that's utter tripe. 

The transaction yesterday had to be cancelled because the goose chose Sendle for delivery, but then completely refused to provide a street delivery address. He told me to ship it to his Parcel Locker, or process a refund. So I was left with no option other than process a refund.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Don't use Sendle?

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Your negative comments relating to Sendle were anticipated. Thanks for not letting us down. Perhaps you should stop using your current shipping methods and exclusively use Sendle. That would make much more sense to any intelligent creature.

Now here's a question for you, though; did you miss what I just posted? Sendle is greyed out and not an available shipping option.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Perhaps I should stick with AP, who don't let me down. That is certainly an intelligent option. I would be interested in why you think exclusively using Sendle is intelligent.

As a consumer with a day job, I have no interest in sellers who think that saving a buck  by using couriers is a valid option.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Bathurst falls into metro when it comes to trains, so maybe it is seen as metro when it comes to parcels too.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Sorry, but that's not quite correct. At its western extent, the MRA (Metropolitan Rail Area) is bounded by the former station at Bowenfels, a few kilometres west of the town of Lithgow. In practice, the last MRA station is Lithgow. Since Bathurst is almost 65km west of Lithgow, I'm pretty sure it's actually outside the metro area.

As I previously stated, eBay impose a 9 or 10 dollar surcharge on every Sendle parcel, with the reason being that Bathurst is outside the metro area. Yet, when it suits them, they want me to cover their ridiculous surcharge out of my own pocket because suddenly it is metro. Either it is, or it isn't. It simply can't be both.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

@lezned-toycollector wrote:

Sorry, but that's not quite correct. At its western extent, the MRA (Metropolitan Rail Area) is bounded by the former station at Bowenfels, a few kilometres west of the town of Lithgow. In practice, the last MRA station is Lithgow. Since Bathurst is almost 65km west of Lithgow, I'm pretty sure it's actually outside the metro area.

As I previously stated, eBay impose a 9 or 10 dollar surcharge on every Sendle parcel, with the reason being that Bathurst is outside the metro area. Yet, when it suits them, they want me to cover their ridiculous surcharge out of my own pocket because suddenly it is metro. Either it is, or it isn't. It simply can't be both.

I'm in Orange. It is significantly cheaper for me to drive to Bathurst to get a train to Sydney than it is from here.  When you look at the timetable, Bathurst falls into metro, as in City Rail, rather than Country Link. I know, it makes no sense, but that's how it seems to be. City Rail used to stop at Lithgow, but it extended to Bathurst quite a few years ago (unless they changed it back. It's been awhile since I have got the train)

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply