Processing through Australia Post facility ...... !!

I have read on a number of discussions about the delays through some of the AP facilities, namely Chullora NSW and Sunshine West VIC and perhaps others.  Sometimes mail moves fast, sometimes it seems to be caught up at AP facilities for over 10 days .... and sometimes mail does a loop between facilities delaying it's destination even further.

I've got an item going to WA ---- AP facility Granville 30 June ---- AP facility Chullora 3 July ---- no further news 7 July ---- aaargh !!

Does anyone have any ideas how to avoid or at least limit any of this.  Is there a difference in handing the item over an AP counter or dropping in a red post box.  Apart from asking buyers who may be outside a CBD to anticipate delays, but sometimes items move very quickly.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Processing through Australia Post facility ...... !!

marwetto-9
Community Member

Yup! here's another! Item left the U.S. on the 15th was in Sydney in 4 days, stayed there for a day, sent to Granville on the 20th and there it remains.......today is the 28th. Good on ya Snail Mail.

Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

thats ok if you dont take your money for 3 days.. but as a buyer we always have to pay up front and then wait and wait for things to be sent.. very 1 sided and i find it offensive.

Message 22 of 31
Latest reply

What is your point? Sometimes it does take 3 days to post something because there are things like, I don't know, WEEKENDS, which eBay count as weekdays. If you don't want to wait for an item to be posted and think it should have arrived a week before you even bought it, eBay is probably not the place for you. Sellers can only post when the PO is open, whether people like you can accept that or not.

As for having to pay upfront, do you think the seller should post to you and then you decide to pay when you feel like it? I find that thought offensive. Good luck trying to find someone who does that.

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

Mmmm...and they also like to give neutrals for slow post.

Heavens, one lot arrived a day after the last date!  

I'm sure that had everything to do with the seller, and nothing at all to do with

Australia Post,  mmmm? 

Image result for smiley sarcasm animated

Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

Party invite being sent out ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

Its always the sellers fault - you should know that ๐Ÿ˜› 

I sent a package to Qld on the 19th and it hit Perth mail center on the 20th. It got to Sunshine Vic 25th and is now showing as back in perth on the 28th 

Just putting on my asbestos undies for the message from the buyer who wanted this asap. 

Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

Sending a package overseas. Paid for the 6 day international delivery. Its been 2 weeks and has gone from Armidale to Tamworth then to Chullora and back to Tamworth...i thought Chullora being in Sydney would have sent it overseas not back to Tamworth...this is getting rediculous..
Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

@jnellynelso wrote:
Sending a package overseas. Paid for the 6 day international delivery. Its been 2 weeks and has gone from Armidale to Tamworth then to Chullora and back to Tamworth...i thought Chullora being in Sydney would have sent it overseas not back to Tamworth...this is getting rediculous..

If you have Facebook, lodge a (polite) complaint on their page (make sure it has the blue tick next to the name). I had one a few weeks ago that was caught in a loop, which it sounds like yours is. Mine was going to NSW to Vic. It went to Sunshine West Vic the next day, then back to Chullora, then Penrith, then Chullora, then Penrith, then Chullora. By me lodging a complaint, a person physically grabbed the parcel and sent it on its way. They said it would add a day to delivery, but I didn't care. I wanted the thing to go back to Victoria!

If you are polite to them on the Facebook page, they will bend over backwards to help you. Especially if you get Nathan to help you.

Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

People need to start using Sendle.

I have used them ever since Australia Post employees tried charging me an extra $6 because my package was 30 grams over the limit.

Aust Post can eat a fat one.

Sendle is amazing courier service and very responsive to any criticisms i previously had and they fixed immediately.

Message 30 of 31
Latest reply